Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a Carcassonne-like scoreboard that allows you to keep score without writing?

Is there a variant to play this game as a Poker replacement with betting money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Is there a Carcassonne-like scoreboard that allows you to keep score without writing?

Wouldn't this be rather large? All digits from 0-to-350?

Quote:

Not an official variant. But if you can imagine it, then the variant exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response!

Well, Carc scoreboard doesn't go to 150. Rather, it goes to 50 and then you get a card that has 50 on one side and 100 on the other, which you add to where your piece is on the scoreboard as it loops around. Hmm, maybe buying a few scoring dice and using those for each loop around the Carc scoreboard..... but then transporting the game is a lot less portable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but Sheamus Parkes' has a variant that uses a Cribbage board to keep score. I've tried it and it works fine.

Quote:
Not any that I know of - though, of course, you can always play the game for money if both players want to.... something like how Gin Rummy players payout, for instance, would work ("the player with the lower score pays the player with the higher score an amount proportional to the difference between their scores"). I'm sure there other ways to try as well.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could look at the Miscellaneous Game Accessory boardgame entry, there are a few scoretracks in the files section.

I think The only score chart you'll ever need will do nicely. It goes up to 99,999.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both!

I ask for the Poker replacement because I personally find Poker dull. I figured if I could suggest it as a substitute one night, especially if 4-5 players were unavailable, it would be a hit, especially with its poker-like hands

I'll look at the miscellaneous files section. That was exactly the thing I was hoping for but didn't know where to look. Thanks for showing me the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gomez
United States
South Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a scorer app on my android that works like a charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd thought about the betting for money aspect (of course, you can play with different values).....

Basically, each player is in for $1 and has an additional $2 in their personal stash which they can use 0, 1, or 2 to bet on going out first. The score each round is not cumulative, each round is its own new game. Play normally. Score after the round ends normally. The winner gets the middle pile. The betting for going out first works like this:

I bet 2 dollars (big bet) that I will go out first. I win. I get 1 + whatever each player bet from each player.

I bet 1 dollar (small bet). I win. I get whatever each player bet.

I bet 0 dollars. I win. I get nothing extra.

Play until one player owes you their car and a romantic cruise with their wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.