Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I noticed the champions had the same backing as reward cards, I assumed they functioned as rewards. Then I read the expansion book and saw there is a separate draft mechanism for obtaining them. Based on the assumptions I made, I present my 100% untested and completely hypothetical champion reward variant:

1) During setup, shuffle 12 champions (2 of each type) into the 12 reward cards. Deal these cards into 3 equal piles as normal.

2) When a battle is won, the victor draws two cards from the appropriate reward deck, keeps 1, and places the other face-down in the box.

3) Played (face-down) champions are worth 1 point at the end of the game, and unplayed (in-hand) champions are worth 2 points at the end of the game.

I'll give this a try tonight after playing with the standard rules, and I'll report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like a fun idea... ; D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a very interesting variant, would love to hear back on how it works out for your group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kristopovich
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree as well. At first I was nervous when you had said to distribute a total of 24 cards between the 3 piles. But then you had said how you can choose between two rewards each time. This is a variant I am quite interested to try out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with this variant twice today and liked it quite a bit. Being able to choose between two rewards was a big bonus - we strongly prefer some champions and reward cards over others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.