Subject: Custom art card sleeve reward ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to make custom art card sleeves for some time now, and I have finally gotten the process down. Here is a proof of concept video:

I want to make a Kickstarter project so that I can get the proper machines and materials to make the sleeves, but I am having a hard time coming up with premiums.

The easiest one to come up with is $20 for a pack of 60 custom sleeves. I have a few other customizable gaming items that I can make to sweeten the pot, but eventually I will hit a wall.

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It costs too much. Waaaay too much.

If the sale cost of the sleeves at $20/60 is 33c/sleeve. That's MORE than the cost of the cards contained within the sleeve in almost every case.

Yeah, custom artwork is kinda cool, but the price point is way too high for anything but an extremely niche market.

Meanwhile:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will see what I can do about lowering the price, but there are no promises. The price comes from the people I polled. What price would be more enticing? Keep in mind that these sleeves are being produced in house in micro batches, not mass produced in an overseas factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.