Chris Vanderzee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm jumping right into 2nd edition without ever having played 1st. My plan is to get the conversion kit and use plastic from my many other dungeon crawl board games. Anything I missed that would make this a bad idea?

-B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is it worth just getting the conversion kit if you DON'T have 1st Edition?
The only thing you miss are miniatures that look like the cards. Using "proxy" minis will give you a very close experience. No mechanics are different (though make sure you get the right sized miniatures, thinking of the 1x2 Hell Hounds, or the 2x2 Giants, etc).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Lanchester
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is it worth just getting the conversion kit if you DON'T have 1st Edition?
Concure,
I might actually get two conversion kits, as I think as D2e becomes more popular ppl who don't have the minis will still want the kit for all the extra heroes and monsters it adds. They will just end up using different minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kříž
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mb
Well, i dont own TOI expansion but my good friend have a 3D printer at his school and he is skilled in 3D modeling. So we will create different or inspired set of monsters and then put new images on cards so they will corespond with figures. Proxies will then become part of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jafix wrote:
Well, i dont own TOI expansion but my good friend have a 3D printer at his school and he is skilled in 3D modeling. So we will create different or inspired set of monsters and then put new images on cards so they will corespond with figures. Proxies will then become part of the game

*blink* Why not?!? Go pick it up, now! It's still at most retail shops, and its' the best of the three "vanilla" expansions.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kříž
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mb
Well, when its come from you, i will bought one... next month. I need to level up my nerd skills more, so i can invest into games instead of food

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jafix wrote:

I will also have access to a 3d printer later on but lack the skills. You should get your buddy to post the his model files here for the rest of us to use, if he would be so kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kříž
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mb
First of all, we must get to it

And everybody here know how dream projects works. First model will be done in one week, second in one month and third will be never finished. Rest three figures will be only on paper...

I hope we will at least do a first one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.