United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I recently purchased this and have gotten 3 plays in. Is there any type of limit to hand size? I haven't found anything in the rules. My last play I was the Vulch, and my hand must have been somewhere near 20 cards or more when I won. Seemed a bit ridiculous.

All in all a fun game. So far we've played w/ only green Alien races and flares. No yellow or reds or tech cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pseudonym
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no maximum hand size. Welcome to Cosmic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The only maximum hand size is the size of the deck.

(Plus the size of the Reward deck. Plus any new cards brought into the game by Chrysalis, Aristocrat, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there's no maximum hand size.

How did you get 20 cards as the Vulch? You do know that you need to discard Artifacts after playing them, right? There aren't that many artifacts that give you cards.

Finder might get you one card.
Space Junk gets you one card.
Ionic Gas can prevent someone from taking compensation from you.
Hand Zap resets your hand to eight cards.
A Mobius Tubes in your hand might mean you can take all your rewards in cards, rather than ships.

There are a number of powers that tend to accumulate huge hands: Barbarian, Healer, Kamikaze, Remora, Ethic, Genius, Ghoul, Merchant, Glutton, etc. Vulch is usually not one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
petar todosic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
How did you get 20 cards as the Vulch? You do know that you need to discard Artifacts after playing them, right? There aren't that many artifacts that give you cards.

I played a game where the Vulch had a ton of cards. It was an 8-player game, and everybody played artifacts like crazy. Nobody would listen.. Vulch won
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
petar todosic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
The only maximum hand size is the size of the deck.

(Plus the size of the Reward deck. Plus any new cards brought into the game by Chrysalis, Aristocrat, etc...)

Jacob, the first time you get the Filch classic flare, do take the whole deck in your hand if Glutton isn't playing..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.