Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the letter included in the box, the bonus tiles and the poster should ship this week (KW 20).

So, has somebody already received the tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
According to the letter included in the box, the bonus tiles and the poster should ship this week (KW 20).

So, has somebody already received the tiles?

::in Mr. Bean's voice:: "It's a race...!" snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes I think, you're stalking me... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:

Stay relaxed! cool

"Shipping" this week will most probably mean that they won't reach anybody before end of this or begin of next week.

AFAIK they will ship as announced. I am also waiting for them.

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Sometimes I think, you're stalking me... ninja

No! You're stalking me...!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/803472/need-trading-example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FTW!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise
Couldn't you have posted this picture at 3 PM? Now I'm thinking about an early home time to get to my postbox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
surprise
Couldn't you have posted this picture at 3 PM? Now I'm thinking about an early home time to get to my postbox!

BTW... it came with TWO posters!!!

Tom, I think you look a little blue. soblue Maybe you should tell your boss that you're not feeling so good and you need to go home and "rest."

EDIT: My new favorite card is now "Carte Blanche"

rulebook wrote:
If a player has revealed the action card carte blanche, he may choose one of his authorization or special authorization cards that he did not use this turn.

You may activate this action up to 2 times if you assign the appropriate number of officials. So you could use two additionals actions from two different cards not used that turn. Epic!

EDIT: to clarify, Tom is correct but if I have two carte blanche tiles on my planning board I may activate a separate unused tile for each carte blanche I have in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of Edo yesterday but haven't opened it yet.

What were those extra tiles in a separate baggie that looked like they belong to Roma II? Is that an expansion for Roma II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
rulebook wrote:
If a player has revealed the action card carte blanche, he may choose one of his authorization or special authorization cards that he did not use this turn.

You may activate this action up to 2 times if you assign the appropriate number of officials. So you could use two additionals actions from two different cards not used that turn. Epic!

Nope.

You may choose ONE unused authorization card upon revealing carte blanche. Then you execute the selected action on this card with as many officials as you assigned to the carte blanche.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Robman wrote:
rulebook wrote:

Nope.

You may choose ONE unused authorization card upon revealing carte blanche. Then you execute the selected action on this card with as many officials as you assigned to the carte blanche.

To clarify: but I have two carte blanche tiles and if I own both, I can activate a separate unused tile for each carte blanche!

Sorry, my wording was a bit confusing the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:

Like Tom wrote: you always choose ONE action from any unused card, and if you assigned two officials, you can execute that action like you had assigned two officials to it (once or twice depending on how many officials you need per action).

If the chosen action allows only one official (e.g. "1 rice -> 1 official"), you can use that action only once, even if you assigned 2 officials.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
To clarify: but I have two carte blanche tiles and if I own both, I can activate a separate unused tile for each carte blanche!

Correct.

Although I would not recommend to buy both of them, this will do you no good in the long term (effectively wasting one action and 5 Ryo for buying the second one). If you prefer to buy multiple special authorization cards, choose the second card to support your main strategy (many or few official, trading or building, wood or stone, money or rice).

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you changed the rules for carte blanche?

On Kickstarter it still was:
Quote:
f your 3rd and last action is the charter action you can choose one of the actions on one of your unused action cards which you did not use this turn instead.

Any reason to change that? Unnecessary complicated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they didn't want to restrict it to only the 3rd and final action. I can see how it opens up your options if its played first or second action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious how this will affect gameplay.
To be honest I'm not quite happy that this card breaks with the special twist of this game, that you have to plan your actions.
But maybe I will like it? We will see... ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will break game play... Especially if it doesn't appear as the first 5. I played two games using the same strategy (buy and utilize special auth cards). I won the first game and got pewned in the second. I think this supports the fact that you have to be fluid with every game and adapt to what is presented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We played yesterday with the new tiles, and I have to say, that they are not as "super-good" as I thought.
Yes, it is often nice to have the possibility to decide which action to take - but mostly you already know which action you NEED. It would have been better if I had taken another authorisation tile, which had offered me NEW options...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
We played yesterday with the new tiles, and I have to say, that they are not as "super-good" as I thought.
Yes, it is often nice to have the possibility to decide which action to take - but mostly you already know which action you NEED. It would have been better if I had taken another authorisation tile, which had offered me NEW options...

But did you win...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Almecho wrote:

But did you win...?

No! That proves my point!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Robman wrote:
Almecho wrote:

But did you win...?

Score 1 for the wife! You go girl!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Almecho wrote:
Robman wrote:
Almecho wrote:

But did you win...?

Score 1 for the wife! You go girl!

Pff, already won two games against her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I see you changed the rules for carte blanche?

On Kickstarter it still was:
Quote:
f your 3rd and last action is the charter action you can choose one of the actions on one of your unused action cards which you did not use this turn instead.

Any reason to change that? Unnecessary complicated?

The rule was always like it is now - you can choose a Carte Blanche as first, second or third action.

The text on Kickstarter was a bit misleading, although it is often best to use the Carte Blanche as third action.

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
malzspiele wrote:
The rule was always like it is now - you can choose a Carte Blanche as first, second or third action.

I like this. Keeps it simple!

The less exceptions, the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
I got my copy of Edo yesterday but haven't opened it yet.

What were those extra tiles in a separate baggie that looked like they belong to Roma II? Is that an expansion for Roma II?

No.

The Edo extras shipped separately, and should arrive soon.

The Roma II bag is the contents of the game, which somehow were not placed in the box prior to it being shrink-wrapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.