Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know everybody is talking about beauty of Coh Price of honour scenarios but I find myself in the situation that despite 3 tries I still haven't managed to finish a scenario. Looks like the scenarios of this expansion run longer than 120 minutes. Unfortunately our time is usually 90 minutes!

Looks to me most of Coh scenarios from all the games always clock at 120 minutes and higher. Will Uwe address this realeasing some scenarios that can be completed in 90 minutes and still be interesting???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's AP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Maybe it's AP?

It could be, but reading from the forum it looks like a lot of ppl can't fit their session in the indicated timeframe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play Euros that promise 90min play times. I always get stuck in a 3 hour game. The problem for me is players with AP. When it comes to my turn my move is done in seconds. Euros are easy games but one guy seems to play like his head is on the line. I want to introduce that DG cube I've seen ads for. The cool feature it has is how it keeps track of up to 6 players total game time. When the game is over you know just who's to blame for monopolizing the game time. Then once that is established I want to set a count down timer for each player. If you run out of time before the game concludes you either lose by default even if you have the high score or something along those lines. The guy that takes all the game time up is generally one of the high scores at the end, if not the high score. But what of it? He takes 4 times as long to think out his move so obviously he would have an advantage over the rest. This cube I want to buy would give everybody equal time. Chess tourneys has been doing it that way for years.

But back to the point. For a two player game the cube would still work perfect for you. It has many timers. The one I'd use for playing COH would be the timer that limits the length of time for each turn. Set it for 60 seconds each turn and see how fast your next game plays. My next game order is going to include one of these cubes. I have a feeling its going to be a great tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean halley

Oregon
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jesse,
The DG cube sounds great. But What is it , and where can I purchase one?

Thanks
Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Cool Stuff Inc is now selling it. They got the cude for 6 player games and a D4 shaped one for up to 4 player games. I would just go with the cube because many games hit 5-6 player. Anyway here's the homepage
http://www.dgtcube.com/dgtcube/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Moore
United States
Sheffield Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I estimate game time by assuming that it will take 10 minutes for each unit counter in the game.
This allows time for looking up rules that I do not know well.

My estimates of game time are generally within half an hour in the games that I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.