Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ryan
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Whether its for thematic reasons, strategy or mechanics

im very new to this game and have only played around 6 games so far so strategy wise im still learning all the cards and combinations but thematically my favorite factions are Yog-Sothoth & Miskatonic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most players seem to bounce around playing most of the factions. I don't know if I could pick a single favorite, but I think Agency is probably my least favorite. They just seem the most mundane to me I think.

Yog is definitely cool, and I've gotten more into Hastur lately as well. I'm pretty happy with any Mythos faction, or Mythos+whatever, but I notice I seldom make dual faction decks where both of them are humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always favored Syndicate. Won the very first card tournament I ever entered (The Yithian Deck Challenge from the old CoC Collectable card game) using a Syndicate deck I had just put together hours before the tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ryan
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
i played a miskatonic + agency deck yesterday and gotta say it was pretty fun having Harry Houdini running about with a lightning gun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shub-Niggurath / Hastur devil

The very first pack I ever opened (back in the CCG days) had a nice copy of Shub-Niggurath sitting right on top. I really liked the literary tone and theme of the faction, so I stuck with it. Later on I mixed Hastur in as well, and have stuck with that combination ever since. Of course, I do have decks built up around each faction... they just don't get payed as often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shub, love me some Mi-Go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more of a Dark Young fan w/ Shub. That was my first deck, a Dark Young theme filled in with some Syndicate (who I also like quite a bit). But, admittedly I haven't played a Mi-Go deck yet so I can't say much about them. I think they could really use a couple more characters to help fill out a fully themed deck though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi-Go remind me of Slivers from Magic the Gathering. Slivers were by far my fondest memory of any MTG deck so any mechanic that reminds me of them in any game I'm automatically drawn to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
My strongest deck is Miskatonic. Their abilities to delay, and finally to rearrange struggles makes them difficult to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Cooper
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the day, but I return more and more often to Miskatonic. Something about being the "good guys" against insurmountable odds always appeals to me. That said, my favorite deck (right now) is Shub with Silver Twilight, so go figure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a weak spot for Miskatonic. Part of it is that they're widely seen as a pure supportive faction, so they have this underdog-appeal. Another part is likely that I feel a bit of spiritual kinship towards the 'nerd'-faction.
I also enjoy exploiting the investigation struggle - there's not much that is more satisfying than a surprise move that will win you a story in a single turn where you didn't have a single success token the turn before.
Since I still consider them to be too weak on their own, I always add one or two factions with more destructive potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Cthulhu and Miskatonic (not in the same deck though). Miskatonic cuz of their underdog feel, and Cthulhu for, well, Cthulhu, Dagon, Deep Ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.