Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again, so I finally got my copy of the game ... searched rules and cards one by one and here are my questions :-)

1) Battle: So, My machine wants to move to a path where is his rival's Machine. It attacks and if it wins, Machine of my rival loses the crystal and if it is not enough to be destroyed... My machine stays where it is? Do I understand it well?
OR my machine goes to the Field first and then, because of they are on the same field he MUST attack. If both of them survives, they both stay on the same one field. Next turn, may I move again, pass through this machine, to reach Survivor, for example?

2) Weapons: What's the difference between "Target:" and "Action:" parts in here? I understand it with viruses but not in here...

3) Does "destroy" and "crush" mean that the card is put into the core even it has e.g. 3 crystals remaining on itself? I pretend yes but I would be really unhappy to be wrong in such crucial question...

4) Tech Assembly:
a) How does "double-tech asembly" works?
b) Does "Tech-assembly in three turns. You restore 2 Machines from the core" mean that I can restore rwo cards from core within next three turns? One per turn only?
c) Where are cards restored in? If on the Machine Field only, may I restore 2 of them in the same field, if SMALL FACTORY (gold) asks me to do so?

5) What exactly does the term "my field" mean? (e.g. green GROTOR 373 "As long as this vehicle is on your field") I know the Machine Field (the first one of each Survivor) but than I know just paths of cyberspace, which should be common for all players together. I pretend it means just any field of game and word "your" is there just to symbolise it is under your control. But how does it cooperates with the term "obey"? Are Machines obeying my rival in HIS field now?

6) By the way, do I pretend correctly that I can move my Machine, step by step, from my Machine Field, through paths of cyberspace, through my rival's Machine Field up to the rival's Survivor Field to battle his Survivor in there?

7) When are the targets of viruses chosen? When the Virus card is turned face up or when it is activated?

8) abilities that restores ambush... "If you have already activated 2 Ambushes, then you must destroy one of them and place the restored Ambush...etc." Do I really MUST destroy one of them or I can choose to leave them both on the field and the new one leave unrestored in the core?

9) Based on the last column of new Libra Mechanica, when can I destroy my Machine (even Minion?) for free, voluntary, if it is preferable for me to send it to the core (Limbo) than leave it in the field? I pretend just in my turn, right? May I destroy arbitrary number of my own machines (Minions) I do wish in the same turn? What does happen with crystals then?

And now particular cards:
10)Crevari Scourge (green): If there is a battle of two machines, may i redirect damage from one machine to the same one? That the machine would damage itself... Or I definitely have to choose some third one?

11) Serpent AL (green): I pretend that "writing down" does matter only in the case of multiplayer (3-4 players), right?

12) Infection Plant (green): "Destroy up to 2 rival machines that you will meet on the paths, instantly." I pretend it is a permanent effect of resource card. But what does the "...you will meet on the paths,..." mean? That my Survivor will meet on the paths of cyberspace (and not on the Machine Fields) or may I use this effect even for my Machines?

13) SMALL FACTORY (green): Is this resource put in the resource field as well, however it has just one-time effect? Then it will just take place to anothers...

14) Does CYBER CONVERGENCE (red stack) allows me to place 2 Machines in the Machine Field per turn? May I move (to attack) both them? And next turn I can place 2 Machines again? Please, make it clear for me, it seems like mess in my eyes :-)

15) Does the phrase "all your machines are guided by Cybermages" (CYBERDAWN of red stack) mean that they have simply the Cybermage emblem?

16) Does the phrase "To trigger this effect you are not allowed to draw cards for next 2 turns" (MASTER DESTROYER of red stack) mean that I have to stop drawing per 2 turns and THEN I can trigger it's effect?

17) Does "If you manage to get 5 resources..." phrase mean that I am allowed to put 5 resources in my field or all resources in field (including carditions) and hand are counted or to collect them in my hand and show them to my rivals?

18) CHERNOBYL (red stack) Can I copy a Weapon of targeted prototypes holding only or I can choose any Weapon on the field?

19) POLYMORPHIC CANNON (red stack) What does "and remove it from the duel." mean exactly? If it means to remove it from the whole game, why is there written "Every two turns double this card's Force. and remove it from the duel." So it would be usuable just once and not every two turns... am I missing something?

20) Is effect of AERION CRAWLER (blue stack) continous or is just activated when this machine is deployed?

21) DOOM ARBITER (blue stack) May I strike a Survivor with ARBITER directly from any path of battlefield? Just in the first turn he is invoked or activated or even later?

22) DROP ZONES (p21 and x44, blue stack) do they, combined, fill both of my ambush places in the ambush field?

23) PATROL COMMANDER (blue) what does "reset from the core" mean?

24) PORTAL 9 (blue) is it's effect continous or is just activated when it comes into play?

25) CARACAN 2-E (blue) If I choose option 2) Is this card protected only on the "paths" of cyberware or on every field of battlefield?

26) CREVARI PILLAGER (blue) Can I move the taken card to use it somewhere else or I just switch the controller of it? (Machine for example)

27) Experiment 328 (gold) When I place WZ-31 (machine) on him due to his ability , what happens? Because they both are machines, they should fight, correct?

28) HYDRATHAX (gold) must these 3 battles involve him directly or is his text just about some three battle somewhere on the field?

29) ZOMBIE ORIGINS (gold) must (or may) be this ambush activated in my ambush field before it is used to negate rivyal's Ambush? Or I can simply play it like a Counterspell in Magic?

30) SYNTHETIC BATTERY (gold) "...to raise its Force 20% per turn." Does it mean that first turn it is attached it gives 20% immediately, 40% next turn and so on?

31) XENOGEAR (gold) Do I place that 3 Machines all together on the one field? Or distribute them one Machine per one field only?

And last one: 32) VYRECON GLIDERS (gold): Does the last sentence mean that all my rivals miss every second turn?

THANK YOU!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andresakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there Stepan!

We are working on your questions as we speak so you will have the answers asap, they are most helpful since they will also help other players around.

Thank you for your time and of course for buying the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALEXANDER ARGYROPOULOS
Greece
ATHENS
ATHENS
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before i start i'd like to tell you that in our website we have placed FAQ for both world. Are not completed yet but they help especially the novice players.

Keep up with these questions. You gave me a couple of important ideas.
See my replies based on your numbered questions.

1) Battle: So, My machine wants to move to a path where is his rival's Machine. It attacks and if it wins, Machine of my rival loses the crystal and if it is not enough to be destroyed... My machine stays where it is? Do I understand it well? PERFECT

OR my machine goes to the Field first and then, because of they are on the same field he MUST attack. HOLD ON HERE. THE ATTACK IS NOT OBLIGATED. IF YOU WANT TO ATTACK IS YOUR CHOICE. IF NOT, YOU RISK YOUR MACHINE. I JUST MENTION THE FACT YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

If both of them survives, they both stay on the same one field. Next turn, may I move again, pass through this machine, to reach Survivor, for example? THIS IS ANOTHER OPTION TOO. YOU CAN DO THAT, YES!!! AND THIS IS THE GOOD ONE HERE BECAUSE THROUGH THIS ACTION YOUR RIVAL MUST TEACH HIMSELF HOW TO PROTECT HIS SURVIVOR.

2) Weapons: What's the difference between "Target:" and "Action:" parts in here? I understand it with viruses but not in here...

PERFECT INDICATION!!! THIS ONE IS FOR THE NEXT STEP OF ERAGRA.
DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU ASKED ME FOR THE AURAS? WHY ARE THERE THESE COLORS? I HAD TOLD YOU THAT WE HAVE PLACED THEM FOR NOW BUT WE WILL REVEAL THEIR ROLE IN THE FUTURE. THE SAME COUNTS AND FOR THE WEAPONS.

3) Does "destroy" and "crush" mean that the card is put into the core even it has e.g. 3 crystals remaining on itself? I pretend yes but I would be really unhappy to be wrong in such crucial question..
DESTROY AND CRASH ARE THE SAME TERMS.
REGARDING THE QUESTION, THE ANSWERS IS YES. THE ONLY EXCEPTION WILL BE IF THE EFFECT OF A CARD SAYS:
Crash one of your rival's Androinds.....by removing 1 Crystal per turn without attacking it. This is an exception example.

4) Tech Assembly:
a) How does "double-tech asembly" works? The tech-assebly works through the effect =, like the one you write below. As an expression it means you restore something from the core.

b) Does "Tech-assembly in three turns. You restore 2 Machines from the core" mean that I can restore rwo cards from core within next three turns? One per turn only? IN THE 3RD TURN YOU RESTORE THE 2 MACHINES.

c) Where are cards restored in? ON THE APPROPRIATE FIELD. IF IS AN AMBUSH ON THE AMBUSH FIELD. IF IS A MACHINE ON THE MACHINE FIELD.

If on the Machine Field only, may I restore 2 of them in the same field, if SMALL FACTORY (gold) asks me to do so?
YES YOU CAN DO THAT ON THIS CASE.
WOW. I SEE YOU GO VERY DOWN DEEP IN THE GAME.AND YOU HELPED ME UNDERSTAND SOME IMPORTANT NOTICES I HAVE TO ADD IN THE STRATEGY GUIde. thank you

5) What exactly does the term "my field" mean? OK. Your Field is: The Machine Field, The Survivor Field, The Ambush Field and the Resource Field.

(e.g. green GROTOR 373 "As long as this vehicle is on your field") I know the Machine Field (the first one of each Survivor) but than I know just paths of cyberspace, which should be common for all players together. I pretend it means just any field of game and word "your" is there just to symbolise it is under your control. CORRECT

But how does it cooperates with the term "obey"? Are Machines obeying my rival in HIS field now? CAN YOU LET ME KNOW THE EFFECT PLEASE?

6) By the way, do I pretend correctly that I can move my Machine, step by step, from my Machine Field, through paths of cyberspace, through my rival's Machine Field up to the rival's Survivor Field to battle his Survivor in there? PERFECT

7) When are the targets of viruses chosen? I'M NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND THAT.
When the Virus card is turned face up or when it is activated? THIS IS WRITTEN IN THE RULES. A VIRUS IS ACTIVATED WHEN THE MACHINE WHICH CARRIES IT, IS DESTROYED EITHER BY YOUR OR YOUR RIVAL. AND THAT VIRUS IS FACED-UP

8) abilities that restores ambush... "If you have already activated 2 Ambushes, then you must destroy one of them and place the restored Ambush...etc." Do I really MUST destroy one of them or I can choose to leave them both on the field and the new one leave unrestored in the core? YOU MUST DESTROY ONE OF THEM.

9) Based on the last column of new Libra Mechanica, when can I destroy my Machine (even Minion?) for free, voluntary, if it is preferable for me to send it to the core (Limbo) than leave it in the field? I pretend just in my turn, right? May I destroy arbitrary number of my own machines (Minions) I do wish in the same turn? What does happen with crystals then?
HERE IT WOULD HELP THE FAQ from our website. We update all the stuff there. When can you destroy a Machine?
EXAMPLE: Place it on a Path where a rival machine is and let your rival destroy your machine. Why? Why to let your rival destroy one of your machine and...takes your crystals?

a) You hide a virus under it and you want to activate it,
b) your machine has a very good effect which can be activated when is sent to limbo .

And now particular cards:
10)Crevari Scourge (green): If there is a battle of two machines, may i redirect damage from one machine to the same one? NO, THE EFFECT SAYS TO ANOTHER MACHINE, SORRY YOU MUST CHOOSE A 3RD ONE. EVEN YOURS!!!! THIS ANOTHER EXAMPLE HOW YOU CAN DESTROY YOUR MACHINES.

11) Serpent AL (green): I pretend that "writing down" does matter only in the case of multiplayer (3-4 players), right? CORRECT.

12) Infection Plant (green): "Destroy up to 2 rival machines that you will meet on the paths, instantly." I pretend it is a permanent effect of resource card. But what does the "...you will meet on the paths,..." mean? That my Survivor will meet on the paths of cyberspace (and not on the Machine Fields) or may I use this effect even for my Machines?
YOU CAN USE IT FOR BOTH YOUR MACHINES OR YOUR SURVIVOR, YOUR CHOICE AND YES IT MEANS WHEN YOU MEET THEM ON THE PATHS OF CYBERSPACE.

13) SMALL FACTORY (green): Is this resource put in the resource field as well, however it has just one-time effect? YES.
Then it will just take place to anothers...

14) Does CYBER CONVERGENCE (red stack) allows me to place 2 Machines in the Machine Field per turn? NO. IN THAT CASE IT WOULD SAY "you can place 2 Machines on that field per turn"

May I move (to attack) both them? YES

And next turn I can place 2 Machines again? NO JUST ONCE.

15) Does the phrase "all your machines are guided by Cybermages" (CYBERDAWN of red stack) mean that they have simply the Cybermage emblem? NO. IT MEANS ARE GUIDED BY CUBERMAGES WHO ARE FUTURE SURVIVORS.

16) Does the phrase "To trigger this effect you are not allowed to draw cards for next 2 turns" (MASTER DESTROYER of red stack) mean that I have to stop drawing per 2 turns and THEN I can trigger it's effect? YES

17) Does "If you manage to get 5 resources..." phrase mean that I am allowed to put 5 resources in my field or all resources in field (including carditions) and hand are counted or to collect them in my hand and show them to my rivals? TO COLLECT THEM IN YOUR HAND.

18) CHERNOBYL (red stack) Can I copy a Weapon of targeted prototypes holding only or I can choose any Weapon on the field? ON THE FIELD

19) POLYMORPHIC CANNON (red stack) What does "and remove it from the duel." mean exactly? If it means to remove it from the whole game, why is there written "Every two turns double this card's Force. and remove it from the duel." So it would be usuable just once and not every two turns... am I missing something? CAN YOU GIVE ME THE EFFECT?

20) Is effect of AERION CRAWLER (blue stack) continous or is just activated when this machine is deployed? IS ACTIVATED ONCE WHEN THE MACHINE IS DEPLOYED

21) DOOM ARBITER (blue stack) May I strike a Survivor with ARBITER directly from any path of battlefield? YES
Just in the first turn he is invoked or activated or even later? FROM THE TURN YOU INVOKED IT

22) DROP ZONES (p21 and x44, blue stack) do they, combined, fill both of my ambush places in the ambush field? YES

23) PATROL COMMANDER (blue) what does "reset from the core" mean? RESTORE - TECH ASSEBLY

24) PORTAL 9 (blue) is it's effect continous or is just activated when it comes into play? IS ACTIVATED WHEN IT COMES TO PLAY

25) CARACAN 2-E (blue) If I choose option 2) Is this card protected only on the "paths" of cyberware or on every field of battlefield? ON EVERY FIELD

26) CREVARI PILLAGER (blue) Can I move the taken card to use it somewhere else or I just switch the controller of it? (Machine for example) YOU CAN TAKE THAT CARD AND USE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

27) Experiment 328 (gold) When I place WZ-31 (machine) on him due to his ability , what happens? Because they both are machines, they should fight, correct? YOU COMBINE THEM. YOU CAN USE THE EFFECTS OF WZ-31

28) HYDRATHAX (gold) must these 3 battles involve him directly or is his text just about some three battle somewhere on the field? THE 3 BATTLES INVOLVE HIM DIRECTLY

29) ZOMBIE ORIGINS (gold) must (or may) be this ambush activated in my ambush field before it is used to negate rivyal's Ambush? Or I can simply play it like a Counterspell in Magic? YOU USE IT INSTANTLY AS COUNTERSPELL

30) SYNTHETIC BATTERY (gold) "...to raise its Force 20% per turn." Does it mean that first turn it is attached it gives 20% immediately, 40% next turn and so on? NO. YOU ADD 20% IN EACH TURN. YOU DON'T MULTIPLY IT.

31) XENOGEAR (gold) Do I place that 3 Machines all together on the one field? Or distribute them one Machine per one field only? ON THE SAME FIELD.

And last one: 32) VYRECON GLIDERS (gold): Does the last sentence mean that all my rivals miss every second turn? YES

Here at this point i want to add 2 things.
1st) We revised some cards. I understand your points and to some of them you are correct. As we speak we check to see how we will be able to send to the people who bought eragra the revised cards.

+
in combination with the database all will be fine.
several of the cards you mentioned are revised now. i wanted to know that.

I'll be here for any help you might need. Thanks for helping me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, thank you so much and sorry - As I can see now, I was so in hurry that I was unclear in some questions...

1) Battle: so I can attack an adjacent machine BEFORE I move? And if I will not smash that machine out from the field I can stay where I am, not on the same field as my rival's machine? Sometimes it can be helpful...

5) obey: blue CONSPIRACY ambush card. Does this effect really take control of all machines in the game? The same for term "guided" from my question 15) ?

7) What time exactly are TARGETS of the virus chosen. At the time they are turned face up when the Machine is crushed or at the time the virus is activated? CHERNOBYL (blue) targets 1 Low-tech, for example. Thematically I would say that one low-tech machine is chosen and infected at the time the virus is turned face-up, immediately, but destroyed next turn, at the time the last time counter is removed from the card...

All other things seem pretty clear to me now, so I'll try one more game and we shall see :-) And am really happy if I was helpful as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALEXANDER ARGYROPOULOS
Greece
ATHENS
ATHENS
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Battle: so I can attack an adjacent machine BEFORE I move? NO. YOU MOVE FIRST AND THEN ATTACK.
And if I will not smash that machine out from the field I can stay where I am, not on the same field as my rival's machine? Sometimes it can be helpful... YES YOU CAN.

5) obey: blue CONSPIRACY ambush card. Does this effect really take control of all machines in the game? YES. YOUR RIVAL MACHINES OBEY YOU, SO YOU TAKE CONTROL OF THEM.

7) What time exactly are TARGETS of the virus chosen. At the time they are turned face up when the Machine is crushed or at the time the virus is activated? CHERNOBYL (blue) targets 1 Low-tech, for example.

WE EXPLAIN IT IN THE RULES. THE TARGET IS ACTIVATED WHEN THE SPREADING ROUNDS ARE OVER. THE THE VIRUS INFECTS ITS "TARGETS".

Thematically I would say that one low-tech machine is chosen and infected at the time the virus is turned face-up CORRECT immediately, but destroyed next turn, at the time the last time counter is removed from the card... HERE THE ONLY THINF YOU HAVE TO DO ALWAYS IS TO CHECK THE SPREADING ROUNDS (1,2,3,4 ETC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, I really enjoyed last game of Future World, finally everything seemed clean (however the exciting mess of marching Machines on the battlefield is hard to describe like "clean" :-)) but couple of very little details...

1) ZOMBIE ORIGINS (green): "...crush half of them" rounded up or down?

2) SMALL FACTORY (green): did I understand well that if in the core are 2 Machines requiring 2 crystals each and my rival has 4 crystals remaining on his survivor, I can win the game via this card?

3) ICE MACHINE (blue): "Freeze your rival's hand. He cannot play for the next 2 turns..." well, do I skip my turn completely? Is it possible to replenish my hand or move my Machines at least? Probably not but first sentence indicates it might affect just my "hand management" - playing cards from hands...

4) SERPENFAL (green): "you can destroy that Machine before your opponent places any crystals." As I cannot see any advantage of destroying Machine before crystals are placed on it, I pretend this is not optional (as "you can" indicates to me) and Machine destroying via this worm is acted simply before Crystals are placed... right?

5) last mention of obeying :-) If my opponent has a CONSPIRACY (blue) on the field and I play HACKING 101 (yellow, I pretend they have the same effect) what happens? I pretend that effect of Hacking - as it came last - beats the effect of Conspiracy, right? Or are they are coexisting together and I control all machines in my turn and my rival in his turn? But as Rebel, "Time to Kill" should release my Machines from obeying or hacking anyway, right?

5a) Is it possible to cancel effect of CONSPIRACY placed on my rival's field via first ability of my EXPERIMENT 32B (green)? Probably not :-)

By the way thank you very much once more for answers and even for the game itself. Still too early for review but it seems to be everything I hoped M:tG will be (but however I love it, it's not); high-thematic, massive and epic card game ... for extra geeks :-) Hope your ambitious project will be as successful as possible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALEXANDER ARGYROPOULOS
Greece
ATHENS
ATHENS
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) ZOMBIE ORIGINS (green): "...crush half of them" rounded up or down?
ROUNDED UP

2) SMALL FACTORY (green): did I understand well that if in the core are 2 Machines requiring 2 crystals each and my rival has 4 crystals remaining on his survivor, I can win the game via this card? YES YOU CAN

3) ICE MACHINE (blue): "Freeze your rival's hand. He cannot play for the next 2 turns..." well, do I skip my turn completely? Is it possible to replenish my hand or move my Machines at least? Probably not but first sentence indicates it might affect just my "hand management" - playing cards from hands... IT AFFECTS ONLY YOUR HAND MANAGEMENT. NOT THE FIELD..ON THE FIELD YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT.

4) SERPENFAL (green): "you can destroy that Machine before your opponent places any crystals." As I cannot see any advantage of destroying Machine before crystals are placed on it, I pretend this is not optional (as "you can" indicates to me) and Machine destroying via this worm is acted simply before Crystals are placed... right? THERE IS ADVANTAGE. IMAGINE A MACHINE WITH A POWERFUL EFFECT..FOR EXAMPLE DOOM ARBITER??. THAT'S THE REASON OF THIS EFFECT. AND YES YOU DESTROY THE MACHINE BEFORE THE CRYSTALS ARE PLACED ON IT.

5) last mention of obeying :-) If my opponent has a CONSPIRACY (blue) on the field and I play HACKING 101 (yellow, I pretend they have the same effect) what happens? I pretend that effect of Hacking - as it came last - beats the effect of Conspiracy, right? Or are they are coexisting together and I control all machines in my turn and my rival in his turn?
BOTH CARDS COEAXIST. YOU CONTROL THE MACHINE DURING YOUR TURN.

But as Rebel, "Time to Kill" should release my Machines from obeying or hacking anyway, right? AW, YES. CORRECT.

5a) Is it possible to cancel effect of CONSPIRACY placed on my rival's field via first ability of my EXPERIMENT 32B (green)? Probably not :-)
IT DEPENDS. IF EXPERIMENT IS ALREADY ON THE FIELD, THEN YOUR RIVAL MUST SAY A GOODBUY TO CONSPIRACE. BUT IF HE HAS ALREADY ACTIVATED, THEN YOU LOSE AND THE CONSPIRACY HAS THE UPPER HAND.

Note: There are some things we didn't write on purpose. Not to make your life difficult of course.. The purpose of this game is to active your fantasy, thoughts and strategic skills. Several people have told me how 1 card is capable to win the game, or to destroy all the rival card, or it can have more than 2 effects. Well it can. (Doom Arbiter, Death, Wayfarer of Time). The main reason we don't want to write all is the strategic points of the game. We want to leave you discover them part by part.

Issues? Of there are as to all the games i believe. At least to the games which are bigger. But what happens with eragra? Well the game has been designed with a very strange way. If you notice better you will understand that the cards themselves create rules!! Isn't that strange? Usually we see cards with simple directions like: take 2 cards, or deal 3 damage to your rival. I have seen and more difficult cards especially for example in YU-GI-Oh.
The first time i saw the first rules some years ago there were too many questions. Thankfully we have internet, so things like that can be fix imediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.