United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
1. I moved into the first room, which had a cage and turned to the left. My torch went out. NICE start.

2. It came right back up and I decided to search. Nothing. Hmm.

3. I moved on into a chamber with exits on all sides. I found a dead adventurer that yielded--a scorpion! 3 damage to me.

4. I moved south, and found myself at a corridor stretching left and right. I also found a sorcerer waiting for me. 6 damage because he REFUSED to die. I went to the right, towards the center of the dungeon.

5. I found a tiled room with a door, but tumbled through a secret door instead.

6. I ended up in a chasm. OK. And then the cave-in struck!

7. I was stuck!

8. And then I wasn't. Nice to have some luck on my side. But only one way to go...

9. I found a 4-way intersection, and got hit with Curse of the Wizard and all of my rooms turned 90 degrees. It was at this point that I should have attempted to leave. But I moved on. I turned left.

10. And I found a hallway curving to the right. It was empty.

11. I entered a room with a cage, much like the first room I'd entered--except this one had a portcullis! And then the golem appeared. I threw myself at it and killed it quickly without sustaining a single wound! I took the easy exit out, even if it was going the wrong way.

12. And I ended up in a turning room that spun me around 180 degrees.

13. I found myself once again looking to the left and right. A dead adventurer yielded 50 gold coins. I moved left.

14. Right into a dead end with wooden floors. There was another dead adventurer here, too; this time with 200 gold. I got a bad feeling at this point. Half way through the day! Time to leave!

15. I backtracked to the 3-way hall. Nothing here. I continued straight.

16. I discovered a spiral staircase, and 40 coins. I went the only direction that took me back where I'd come from, to the right.

17. And in the 4-way room swinging blades came at me! Miraculously, I survived. What is UP with this ROOM?

18. I moved on to the chasm room, and realized then that I could NOT cross the chasm. What was I doing? What was the plan? I fell into a trapdoor.

19. And I failed to leave it, sustaining damage. Panic...

20. And I failed to leave it, sustaining damage. THERE'S NO TIME FOR THIS! But, wait, maybe--Panic!

21. And I failed to leave it, sustaining yet MORE damage. To HECK with THIS! PANIC!

22. I exerted, taking damage, and passed, barely. Wait, maybe I could swing back, past the stairs and then find a secret door? Would I get lucky? I bolted, hunted, hounded--

23. Back to the 4-way room--and... a shade! This ROOM is killing me!

24. I moved into the stairs. The shade did not kill me. The room was empty. I moved on, hoping for a room that would lead me out. Starting next turn, the sun goes down...

25! I entered a hall going left--the wrong way, and realized that I COULDN'T search for a door here! But the shade did NOT kill me. I found 50 useless coins. The dungeon did not close.

26!! I continued on, and found a room that ended in a dead end!? The shade did not kill me and I found a crypt here, with 90 gold. Gold?!DAMN! I was going to DIE! The dungeon did not close.

27!!! I went back to the hall and the shade STILL didn't kill me. I found another dead adventurer, but this time there was no treasure. Hahhahhaha! The dungeon did NOT close. Get me OUT of here! Out, out, OUT!

28!!!! I entered the stairwell room. The shade did not kill me. The room was empty. Miraculously, the dungeon STILL did not close! What IS this?! AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

29!!!!! I entered the 4-way room, the room that had almost killed me so many times--the shade did NOT kill me. But the skeleton that appeared DID: With one massive killing hit.

Heck...
Damn...
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the Curse of the Wizard Event only flips corridors, not chambers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
IIRC, the Curse of the Wizard Event only flips corridors, not chambers.

yes it only flips corridors.

I was expecting this to be a "I moved into room 1 fell into a bottomless pit and died" kind of session report it was a bit longer but not a-typical of DQ

fun eh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy session reports and yours was no exception - thanks for taking the time to share... DQ is a challenging game, but just reading your play through makes me want to try it sooner than later... Nice Job...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Despite my harsh review of the game I find that with every solo play that it GROWS on me. It's just SO darned unfair! Thanks for the comments and corrections, too! I'll get in there tonight and see if I can't lick it (though, so far I haven't beat it, except for once--running like a wuss out of the place as soon as I found Loot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.