8 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroying Village Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
Silly question here I have seen threads talk of basic cards, but I just wanted to clarify that if a village card is destroyed from your hand, like a Veteran Trainer for example, does it go back into it's stack or is it removed from the game?

I've been putting it back into the stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
kegdragon wrote:
Silly question here I have seen threads talk of basic cards, but I just wanted to clarify that if a village card is destroyed from your hand, like a Veteran Trainer for example, does it go back into it's stack or is it removed from the game?

It is removed from the game. Only basic cards (Regular, Torch, Longspear) and Curses are returned to their stacks (Curses to the bottom of the stack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
I've been putting them on the bottom of the stack in Single PLayer, so not really affecting the play. But thanks for the clarification Will.

I tried to find a clarification in the rulebook but either missed it or thought it was ambiguous.

Regards,
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
kegdragon wrote:

Unless it is a basic card, it is removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks again Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
kegdragon wrote:
I've been putting them on the bottom of the stack in Single PLayer, so not really affecting the play. But thanks for the clarification Will.

I tried to find a clarification in the rulebook but either missed it or thought it was ambiguous.

Regards,
Craig

p.12 wrote:
Destroying Cards
Certain game effects “destroy” a card. When a card is destroyed, remove it from the game entirely. The exceptions are curses and basic cards.
• Curses get placed back into their village stacks, as there is an infinite supply of them. Evil is rather generous that way.
• Basic cards (Longspear, Regular, and Torch) are placed back on their village stacks if destroyed from a player’s hand. If basic cards are destroyed from a village stack, they are removed from the game.

There is a note about putting other destroyed cards face-down beneath the respective stack, as a way to help sorting at the end of the game, but I find this actually takes more time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks Will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, flipped them over and placed them at the bottom. That's what I always do. Less mess afterwards sorting out the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.