Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet, but after reading the rules and perusing this Geek entry I have a couple of questions:

Can the train be derailed by Colty from any location or can it only be derailed when 3:15 Express is the current location? I would assume only when 3:15 Express is the current location especially from a thematic perspective.

The rules say when derailing the train discard all cards on both sides of the playing area. Does this include cards from previous locations as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Can the train be derailed by Colty from any location or can it only be derailed when 3:15 Express is the current location? I would assume only when 3:15 Express is the current location especially from a thematic perspective.

You're right; you have to be at the 3:15 Express location. It's in the rules, as well.

Quote:
The rules say when derailing the train discard all cards on both sides of the playing area. Does this include cards from previous locations as well?

I guess so? I'd assumed it was just at the 3:15 Express, but I think you're right, as upon rereading the rules, it says nothing specific about locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You only discard the cards at the current battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicious Tiger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:

No, the Derail the train rule states:

"discard all cards on both side of the playing area and all still living bandit characters"

and the playing area encompasses all battlefields, so all cards in play (except Sandstorm) are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
victiger wrote:
Leighbob wrote:

No, the Derail the train rule states:

"discard all cards on both side of the playing area and all still living bandit characters"

and the playing area encompasses all battlefields, so all cards in play (except Sandstorm) are discarded.

It might say that in the rules but the intention is to only discard cards at the current battlefield (as well as the living bandit characters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicious Tiger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
It might say that in the rules but the intention is to only discard cards at the current battlefield (as well as the living bandit characters).

Derailing the train is a catastrophic event that wipes everything (except Sandstorm) from the playing field.

Here's the full description (underlines added) from the rule book:

Revolver Rules wrote:

Derail the train:

Onboard the 3:15 Express from Rattlesnake Station (and only once in a game) the Colty gang player can
activate this card. This will causes a horrendous train crash: everything will be destroyed (discard all cards on
both side of the playing area and all still living bandit characters).

If the Colty gang player want to save someone (he must save at least one or he’s lost!), he has to discard one card
for each bandit character he wants to save.

The Colonel McReady player can’t save any cards he has in play.

After the Derail the Train card has been activated it is removed from the game.

After the train has been derailed:

- Colty gang cannot use Saddlebags
- Colonel McReady cannot use You didn’t see this comin’ (or Quincy "The Spider" Whitmore's move option)

to move firepower from a previous battlefield because there's nothing left at those locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've already you told you before and I'm not the only one. Your refusal to accept the word of Leigh Caple is insulting.

So, you'll only accept Mark Chaplin's word on it? What happens when he says you're wrong and he thinks that it is obvious that he's sure you already know the answer?

Would you then retract your statements? Are you ready to admit you're wrong? Are you ready for this? I'm being serious.

Read this post from the designer himself: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/76217/official-faq#com...

Yugblad wrote:
BigFood wrote:
Do you mean this one?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/803738/still-not-100-on-...

I can mail Bart about it if you want?

That would be uncommonly helpful, if they're compiling a new one. The train derailment only affects the final battlefield, as I'm sure you know.

Spoiled little children...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.