Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm very excited to announce the founding of a brand new game club in Folsom/El Dorado Hills.

We are an all ages, all gamer type club that promotes social gaming in a safe and friendly environment. Currently the club meets once per month (for now) at Raley’s in El Dorado Hills. Every month we'll feature a specific game that we encourage multiple tables to play through and share their opinions with the group.

The very first meeting will be June 23rd at 2:00 - 9:00pm!

Why should you be a part of this club?

• No dues/fees to play.
• Safe, family friendly environment.
• No commitment to attend every session or an entire single session. Come and go as you please.
• Friendly people willing to help teach games, answer questions about games that might be a good fit for the player/family, etc.
• There are always games available to play, so you don’t need to bring anything to have fun.
• Always plenty of parking.

If you know people who played board games as a kid and have not explored the world of board gaming recently, we encourage you to invite them to come by and see what’s new! If you are a veteran gamer, bring your favorite games or the latest/greatest games and play your heart out!

We look forward to meeting and playing some games with you.

For even more information checkout Facebook and/or the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you like me to add your event to the calendar of the Sacramento Board Game Meetup group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What game will you be featuring on June 23rd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
klellingson wrote:
Would you like me to add your event to the calendar of the Sacramento Board Game Meetup group?

That would be great, Kevin! I wasn't sure how the new club would be received within the Sac group, since I didn't want it to sound like I was trying to put down the current meetups. My opinion is the more game time, the better!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
decadence20 wrote:
What game will you be featuring on June 23rd?

Great question! What I'm thinking is something that comes in around 1 hour, fairly simple ruleset and plays well with 2, 3 and/or 4. I was thinking of something like Hawaii, Last Will, Nightfall, Ninjato, Notre Dame, Ra, etc. And those are just some from my collection.

Eventually I'll be getting Manhattan Project and that might fit well.

I'm open to suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Ron,

I've been to your store a few times. We were actually thinking about going down on Saturday. Maybe I'll make up a flyer that you can post. I appreciate you wanting to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ellingson
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ianoble wrote:
klellingson wrote:

That would be great, Kevin! I wasn't sure how the new club would be received within the Sac group, since I didn't want it to sound like I was trying to put down the current meetups. My opinion is the more game time, the better!

Thanks!

I figure that more opportunities we offer people to get together and game, the more likely they are to find something that fits their schedule and is conveniently located, so I'm happy to put it on our calendar.

I have added the event with you as host, so you should be able to edit the details for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.