Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » News

Subject: Metal Miniatures for Lieutenants continuing... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3285
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
Avatar
mbmbmb
There goes the money. Again.......
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Pushkar
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Interesting, how many lieutenants in 2E and will lieutenants from 1E will be in Convertion kit?

Anyway, I don't have minis for 1E lieutenants and will not buy them for 2E either. 3 minis for a higher price than convertion kit is too much for me.

UPDATE. And the worst thing is that maybe there will be no named monsters or bosses in scenarios, they will be replaced with lieutenants...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
soddy wrote:
Interesting, how many lieutenants in 2E and will lieutenants from 1E will be in Convertion kit?


It's looking like lieutenants are now associated with specific encounters, so it's probable all 1E LTs are in the 2E base set anyway.

Quote:
Anyway, I don't have minis for 1E lieutenants and will not buy them for 2E either. 3 minis for a higher price than convertion kit is too much for me.

UPDATE. And the worst thing is that maybe there will be no named monsters or bosses in scenarios, they will be replaced with lieutenants...


Err... what's so wrong with that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the possibility that some scenarios will call for a lieutenant, but you have a choice of what to use. Or maybe it's like in RtL where extra lieutenants can be gained through OL upgrading?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the existence of a wyrm-like LT means that it's not necessarily the case that there's a wyrm-based normal monster (though I'd say it's still likely).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
soddy wrote:
UPDATE. And the worst thing is that maybe there will be no named monsters or bosses in scenarios, they will be replaced with lieutenants...


Err... what's so wrong with that?


And now you face...THE EVIL CARDBOARD TOKEN!...

Doesn't bother me, but still...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
soddy wrote:
UPDATE. And the worst thing is that maybe there will be no named monsters or bosses in scenarios, they will be replaced with lieutenants...


Err... what's so wrong with that?


And now you face...THE EVIL CARDBOARD TOKEN!...

Doesn't bother me, but still...


You can always just place a proxied figure on top of the token.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not surprised, since you can see one of the Farrows as one of the markers in the first preview. Only stands to reason they would continue to use those assets.

I am pleased to see 3 new ones, and notice that one is a "Fat Goblin"? I wonder if he's the main boss at the end of the intro quest? (The previews make it look like Ettens, but that might just be the prototype pics)

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the 1E lieutenant minis won't be going OOP, wonderful news as long as they learn to stock more of the ones that are almost always impossible to get.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it said "Along with certain previously released lieutenants". Does this mean not all?

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Also, it said "Along with certain previously released lieutenants". Does this mean not all?

-shnar


My guess is that they will probably stay with the humanoid ones that weren't costly to produce and keep the bigger monster type ones out of the game or maybe put them in later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

I am pleased to see 3 new ones, and notice that one is a "Fat Goblin"? I wonder if he's the main boss at the end of the intro quest? (The previews make it look like Ettens, but that might just be the prototype pics)


The intro quest with the Ettins is called "First Blood". "A Fat Goblin" is just a regular quest, so definitely he is showing up on that one.

I am betting on one Lieutenant at the end of each of the 5 Act II quest, so probably 2 Lieutenants from 1st Ed are coming back. That´s maybe the reason why they say just certain characters will be coming back, and also why we have seen a Farrow token.

What they have prepared for Interludes and Finale that I have no clue about...

I cannot say I am too happy about this. I am not going to paint them, so probably a Plastic Pre-Painted option would have made me more happy. Also my wallet would have been more happy, although I am almost certain I wont buy these. I have enough First Ed stuff to use some proxy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lieutenants might be in both the Act I and Act II quests. This would let them have a bit more storyline. I also suspect, that they might show up in the final if the OL wins the Act II quests.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
shnar wrote:
Also, it said "Along with certain previously released lieutenants". Does this mean not all?

-shnar


My guess is that they will probably stay with the humanoid ones that weren't costly to produce and keep the bigger monster type ones out of the game or maybe put them in later.

You gotta admit, it would be kinda lame to have the Kraken popping up in an underground lair.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
I hope they are a bit more exciting then simply being named monsters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the sub-headings in the announcement said "Enemies and Allies". It also questioned whether or not Zachareth would team up with Evil. Possibility that this specific lieutenant is an Ally to the Heroes?!!!!

Would be extremely interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out. Send me my pre-order already!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:
I cannot say I am too happy about this. I am not going to paint them, so probably a Plastic Pre-Painted option would have made me more happy. Also my wallet would have been more happy, although I am almost certain I wont buy these. I have enough First Ed stuff to use some proxy.


Well, none of the second ed miniatures are prepainted, so the lieutenant figs being prepainted doesn't make much difference, does it?

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter parz
Austria
flag msg tools
I am feeling a bit "robbed". Now 2nd Edition hasn't even hit the shelves and they announce Lieutenants we can buy seperate, while they just added marker. Why can't they just add the Lieutenants to the game? Just to get more of our money. I don't like this and won't buy them. I will use other Figures for the Lieutenants (maybe Games Workshop), just for them to not get my money, eventough GW gets it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cenator wrote:
I will use other Figures for the Lieutenants (maybe Games Workshop), just for them to not get my money, even though GW gets it.

Can I recommend Grom the Paunch as an excellent candidate for Splig's understudy:


Only 30.00€ - that ought to teach FFG a lesson!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cenator wrote:
I am feeling a bit "robbed". Now 2nd Edition hasn't even hit the shelves and they announce Lieutenants we can buy seperate, while they just added marker. Why can't they just add the Lieutenants to the game? Just to get more of our money. I don't like this and won't buy them. I will use other Figures for the Lieutenants (maybe Games Workshop), just for them to not get my money, eventough GW gets it.


So you're deliberately not giving money to a company because you think they're acting money-grabbing (which is what companies do) and instead giving it to another company (out of some kind of misplaced sense of spite) who are known for being especially money-grabbing and who are partnered with FFG anyway...?

Wow - I would never want to cross you!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Sasso
Italy
Mondovì
Cuneo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying the metal miniatures is a free choice, because the game is provided with tokens to represent the liutenants.

However, i hope that with 2nd edition they will improve the metal miniature quality because, from a painter perspective, 1st ed. ones were generally bad sculpted and overpriced.

I might suggest going with Reaper miniatures (they have a wide range) to proxy the liutenants, if one can't/doesn't want to afford the price.

Lawrence
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Woopdidoo! Just put the finishing touches on my siren. The only one left is sweetheart and all my lieutenants are painted and based. Now I get three more
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Winter
Austria
Wien
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard tokens for very important monsters? seriously?

Looks like "Day 1 DLC" for me
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemeth wrote:
Cardboard tokens for very important monsters? seriously?

Looks like "Day 1 DLC" for me


To play devil's advocate for FFG for a second: to include 10+ monster minis of a different mold each, each of which only has one copy in the box and only appears a maximum of once per campaign (if at all) isn't considered cost-effective.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.