12 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 farmers vs. 1 just gives ownership not x2 farm points, right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think many times I've played this I have misunderstood this rule.

If you have 2 farmers on a field and your opponent has 1, you own the field, but do you get just 3 points per city or 6 points since you have two farmers?

I played with more experienced people and I seem to remember them multiplying based on farmers... maybe I'm misremembering, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:

If you have 2 farmers on a field and your opponent has 1, you own the field, but do you get just 3 points per city or 6 points since you have two farmers?

I played with more experienced people and I seem to remember them multiplying based on farmers... maybe I'm misremembering, though.

Nope, the number of farmers only determines who owns the farm (or road, or field...). The player(s) with the most meeples get all of the points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Neddie Knickers
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
BRRRD EMPR-RR
mbmbmbmbmb
You just have a farmer majority.
You DO NOT score double points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:

Until perhaps you get to certain expansions, there should NEVER be any multiplying or dividing with the scores between players. Just addition or subtraction.

Either 1 person gets 'X' # of points, or all players tied for the most of something get 'X' # of points each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, what if I have Farmer A on one set of farms and Farmer B on another set that is not connected at all. By the end of the game both Famer A and B are connected to all 11 finished Cities. No other player has any other Farmers on these farms. Do I get 33 points for Farms or 66?

I am guessing that it is the same as if I had 2 different Meeples of mine on 2 different City tiles and they end up connected. I only get to score them once regardless of how many of my Meeples end up on the completed city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct........ 33 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No -- 66 points is correct. In the current version of the rules, which are now synced between Rio Grande and the HiG version, you may score the same city from multiple farms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood from his post that the 2 farms wound up being connected, in which case 33 pts. If they were separate farms connected to the same cities then 66 pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what my copy of the rules say (from the Big Box #3 set, p. 5):

Quote:
* For each completed city the farm supplies, the player who deployed the most farmer(s) in the farm earns 3 points, regardless of the size of the city. If players tie with the most farmers, each scores 3 points.

* A farm can score several cities if they border the farm.

* Several farms can supply a single city. In such a case, each farm is scored separately, as described above.

In one of the examples shown, red has two farmers and yellow has one on the same field which is adjacent to two completed cities. Red scores 3, which is three points per city.

Another example shows blue having two farmers on either side of a city, but their fields are disconnected. In this case each farmer scores three points for the same city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin is wright. If the farms are disconnected a City can score not just one time, but for different not connected farms (German HiG rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ossitt
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rules is that a city can score for more than one farm. So 66 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laphilfan wrote:
I understood from his post that the 2 farms wound up being connected, in which case 33 pts. If they were separate farms connected to the same cities then 66 pts.

This is correct. If there is a single farm that has two farmers, you only get 3*#cities. If there are two separate farms that each have a single farmer and both somehow touch all the same cities, you'd get 2*3*#cities.

If you control two huge farms that both touch all 11 finished cities (unlikely, but possible), you have 66 potential points. If the two farms happen to become connected, and therefore merge, you now only have 33 potential points.

As worded, the question was ambiguous, hence the different responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.