Neuroshima: Convoy» Forums » General

Subject: Revolver look-a-like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paletti
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the description and looking at the component list of 'The Convoy', the game 'Revolver' from White Goblin Games immediately comes to mind. Is 'The Convoy' maybe copy or look-a-like or will the gameplay be different from that of 'Revolver'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Piolon
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reply I got from Ignacy was: 'Yes, at some point it is close to Revolver. Revolver was our inspiration when designing Convoy.'

Now I'm a sucker for the whole Neuroshima theme so I probably won't be able to control myself, but Revolver did get old after about 3 games. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I confirm - I played Revolver, I like it but I thouhgt it could be done better and I sat to design my own game. That's how Convoy become real.

I bet that Convoy won't get old after 30 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyanth wrote:
Now I'm a sucker for the whole Neuroshima theme so I probably won't be able to control myself, but Revolver did get old after about 3 games. :/

I've played Aliens: This Time It's War (the original Alien-themed version of Revolver) about 20 times and (probably due to the theme) it's still a blast almost every single time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i like aliens more then revolver (which has to many identical cards...but the expansions will fix it)

The convoy looks interesting but with only 70 cards... I do not know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Piolon
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got it yesterday at Spiel (you were standing right next to the cash register at that point, Ignacy, and I wanted to ask you to sign my copy, but you looked at me so angrily that I didn't dare to shake ) and played it today, and boy is it better. The tactical options are just... wow. It's like comparing a kid's game to an adult's game, and I'm not even talking about the theme. Wonderful work!

Now please excuse me, I'm totally going to put on The Cancelled Earth and play again!

trzewik wrote:
Yes, I confirm - I played Revolver, I like it but I thouhgt it could be done better and I sat to design my own game. That's how Convoy become real.

I bet that Convoy won't get old after 30 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.