Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Toy And Game Expo - Treefrog Prototype Demos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that are interested, I'll be demoing three of Martin Wallace's latest prototypes at the Treefrog booth at the Toy and Games Expo (which is not too far away now).

The first is P.I. (or Private Investigator), a quick and easy game to learn and play, somewhat of a cross between Cluedo and Mastermind. It takes 2-5 players and can be taught and played in 20-30 minutes or so.

The second is Dr Who, a card game whack-fest, playing enemies and defenders to control the best scoring locations by the time the deck runs out. It takes 3-4 players, about 10 mins to teach and then 15 mins per player to play.

The third is Mythotopia, which applies the A Few Acres Of Snow system to a multi-player format. It takes 2-4 players, probably 30 mins to teach and then 90-120 minutes to play depending on whether you've played AFAOS before.

I'll be at the booth for most of the weekend, but not absolutely full-time - I have permission to rove about the expo a little as well :-)

Anyway, if you want to get a run-down or give any of them a whirl with a group of friends, please come along to the Treefrog stand and catch me up. For Mythotopia in particular though, if you're keen on actually playing, it might be worthwhile booking in a 2 hour slot with me when you arrive.

Regards
Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm Martin Wallace and Dr Who... Ok you twisted my arm, ill give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for everything. Hot diggity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll definitely be giving Mythotopia a go! But would love to play all 3. I think I'll just hang out at your stand all day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great day at the treefrog stand yesterday. I got to try out mythotopia and dr who. I really enjoyed both.

Mythotopia was great - one of those games that need to be played a few games to start getting the hang of. I wanted to play it again straight after we finished.

I was surprised how much I liked dr who. Hearing the rules I didn't think it would be much fun, but it was a nice quirky light game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Young
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for taking the time to teach us Mythotopia and Dr Who Patrick. I really enjoyed both and will be keeping my eyes peeled for more information regarding Mythotopia. I hope today goes well and that the freezing environment is fixed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the demos today, Pat! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echoing the above sentiments. Thanks Pat for demoing Mythtopia...and that other chappy who ran us through Discworld (now I won't have to read the rules...I hate reading rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goose Sin
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes thanks Pat. I enjoyed both Mythtopia and Doctor Who very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pat for the Mythotopia rules explain. You did an awesome job of explaining the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a pleasure ... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.