Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
Vive l'Empereur !
badge
Games give you a chance to excel. (G.Gygax)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

For this scenario, the sentence "The US Contact modifier is -1" is in addition to the "Jan-Jul'42" modifier ? (for a total of -2)

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
Vive l'Empereur !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Question :
The special rule say that any Japanese force in play is considered Located.
But there's a modifier for the contact Table !?
I probably miss something. (If the target is already located, what's the utility of the Strike contact Table ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BertGK wrote:
For this scenario, the sentence "The US Contact modifier is -1" is in addition to the "Jan-Jul'42" modifier ? (for a total of -2)

No, they are referring to the early war contact modifier. Just -1 drm.

Located and Contact are two different things. Each Japanese force is 1) Located; 2) Approximately located (marker says "? Located"); or 3) Not located. This refers to the US player having intel on the location and course for the force. However, each force is still a speck in a big ocean. For an air strike to fly hundreds of miles on intel an hour old and find their target is non-trivial. That's why contact is not a sure thing, but having located the force recently does help the strike find its target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
Vive l'Empereur !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok .
So The Japaneses forces are always "inverted" (Force marker flipped face down) and i have the +1 die roll modifier for "Target currently inverted".

I hope it's correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BertGK wrote:
Ok .
So The Japaneses forces are always "inverted" (Force marker flipped face down) and i have the +1 die roll modifier for "Target currently inverted".

I hope it's correct ?

Only if there's a special rule saying so, but I didn't find one in my scan. Inverted is something else that means the force has been Located or ? Located that turn, i.e. the US has recent intel on that force. A force becomes inverted when it is successfully searched (? Located result or better) or a strike makes contact, but it fades away at the end of the turn. This represents the US having uptodate information.

In contrast, Located represents more long-term information on the force about where to find it. Under the normal rules, when a force is not inverted when it moves, Located becomes ? Located and ? Located goes away. This represents the US not keeping tabs on the force, so whatever intel they had on it becoming increasingly unreliable to predict its future position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
Vive l'Empereur !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The special rule of scenario 2 (p.21) :

Location : Any Japanese force in play is considered Located and Level 4 for purposes of strike targeting and resolution.

P.S : I think it is not a very good idea to read the rules gradually, and stopping to play each introductory sceanarios.I have to read it entirely before begin to play...

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.