Subject: "Romania defects" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Cozzi
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Romania defects", is a yellow card, can it be played as an Event/OPS before having an area in Romania and THEN with the ops move a unit there and apply the event? and declare it immediately defeated.
Is that correct?

What do you gaming geeks think?
Cheers.
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know the card in detail, but applying your description to other games/cards I would say that this is not valid.

In order for you to get the event and the OPs you would need to apply the event first, so if as you describe first you need to uses the Ops on the card and only after that apply the event that would be ilegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now with the card text pre-requisite:

Quote:
May be played if the Su control at least 1
space in Romania.

So, if you use this card to move the SU unit there you have already made an option. Play the card for the Ops.

You couldn't choose to play it for the event because you didn't met the pre-requisite, even though that you meet it at the end of the card play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if, unlike Twilight Struggle, order of effects between Yellow Event and OPS isn't obvious, it seems you can't play this Event if Soviet doesn't control at least one space in Romania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cozzi
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer but the card in this case is a double card, [yellow], so it can be used as OPS and event.
So I don't feel that the point has a definitive answer.
Thank you anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan P.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
annibale35 wrote:
Thank you for your answer but the card in this case is a double card, [yellow], so it can be used as OPS and event.
So I don't feel that the point has a definitive answer.
Thank you anyway.:)

It can be used as ops, event, or ops/event, but you need to be able to announce that before you use any of the ops, and the event part can't be played if SU does not own a space in Romania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.