Mansions of Madness: Forbidden Alchemy» Forums » General

Subject: MoM - forbiden alchemy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello everyone
Last day i went to my store and saw this expansion of Mansions of Madness on the shelves. It came to my attention that since december last year this expansion was broken and not so good to play (there are soMe threats already posted here mentioning of it).
My question is simple, since FFG removed this expansion from the market, and since acording with my game shop this was aquired by them 2 weeks ago, does anyone know if FFG fixed this issue and they started to replace to game on the market?
I called the employe at FFG and he said to me that the only thing that could not be right was a pack of cards missing. If this wasnt a game i loved so much i would hang up the phone on the next second and forget about it. But i rly want to get more assets of this game.
So does anyone know if they fixed this already?
Thx in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be best off looking in the game's own forums, which are accessible here: Mansions of Madness: Forbidden Alchemy

And you may find useful information in this thread: A Message From Christian T. Petersen

FFG has produced "fix packs" to expansion owners, including those on other continents. But you may have to wait a while to receive it.

I don't think that the fully fixed versions of the expansion are available. So if it's on your store's shelf, then it's a broken copy. From what I understand, your best options would be to (1) buy it now and request the fix from FFG or (2) wait for an updated version to be released. I'm not sure which would be faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rabiega
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You'll have to check with your store. We have received fix packs from FFG already, so our copies come with the packs and are labeled as such on the shelf. Other stores may have put them out and have the fix packs, but you should check with them to ensure you're getting the fixed version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that FFG has parts to fix the original copies (they have shipped some to us for the 1st edition copies we have), but they have not released the fixed edition yet.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the General Gaming forum to the Forbidden Alchemy forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Just a shor updated on this.
I decided to pick the box and check.
Apparently everything is right, all the components are in the box. I havent tested yet, but everything looks ok now, so safe to buy.
Additionaly you can see writen at the rules books "revised printing".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Egor Tilpunov
Germany
Bad Homburg
Hesse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record.
In Germany at Milan Spiele you get the old version of the game + fix pack (including replacement cards and revised manuals)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy over the weekend, not checked all the pieces to make sure but the rules booklets have "Revised Printing" on them so I am assuming it is all the corrected bits. I have the set of fixed bits that FFG send out so I will be doing a comparison but on the surface it looks like it has the fix included.

Regards

Gnome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.