Subject: Trish Scarborough's Personal Story rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question, for any of you Arkham experts who've got a few minutes . . .

Trish Scarborough's "Pass" requirement reads as follows:

Quote:
If Trish gains 2 or more Clue tokens at the same time during an encounter, place "Exposed to Light" in play.

My question is: can she use the Science Building's text to swap trophies for clue tokens, thus fulfilling her story's requirements? Or does that not count as an "encounter"?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alazzar wrote:
A quick question, for any of you Arkham experts who've got a few minutes . . .

Trish Scarborough's "Pass" requirement reads as follows:

Quote:
If Trish gains 2 or more Clue tokens at the same time during an encounter, place "Exposed to Light" in play.

My question is: can she use the Science Building's text to swap trophies for clue tokens, thus fulfilling her story's requirements? Or does that not count as an "encounter"?

Thanks in advance!

It has been ruled in the past using special abilities of locations is not an "encounter" - so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks!

I gather her story's kinda hard to complete, then--you've gotta get pretty lucky on the encounter cards to get 2 clue tokens at once, don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alazzar wrote:
Got it, thanks!

I gather her story's kinda hard to complete, then--you've gotta get pretty lucky on the encounter cards to get 2 clue tokens at once, don't you?

I don't know percentages, but I would say the "gain 2 clues" is common enough.

On the flip side, the fail condition is somewhat controllable too. Just keep the clues gathering going and don't let one spot build up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Alazzar wrote:
Got it, thanks!

It's moderately hard. There are quite a few encounters that give multiple clues, without spoiling it for you. Like the rest of AH, it's a matter of drawing one and passing the requirement.

She usually fails when unbeatable monsters move into the streets guarding those multiple clues that have appeared and a gate shows up.

Hers is one of the more balanced personal stories.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.