Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all, i havent been active so far in terms of typing but i am reading and browsing a lot.
Few days ago i came across an interesting game that i wanted to buy that was very near me - just across the border to slovenia.
Then i thought about searcing for other people's games who sell there, or even in my country to minimise duane and shipping expenses.
But as you may already figured, i dont find that option to list the games that people are selling by the owner's location, and that makes it very dificult for me to find any game(r)s that are selling in my vicinity, due to sheer number of everybody else that is selling and is not appealing to me cost-wise.
If there is such and option, feel free to smack me with a large trout and point it out to me, if not, support me in my (social?) revolution to list the consumer goods by owners location ( say u)
cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be nice to have the auction system reintegrated into the site. I'd be interested in helping, if there was an avenue for me to do that - I can work in python, php, or really anything else if I'm motivated enough. I'd be willing to donate 40 hours or so to do any work on auctions or the marketplace, esp. to get them to work more with profile information, or particular limitations that people have (like non-USians and non-EUians.) Also, I am processing overhead conscious

And while we're at it, I'd like to be able to set price triggers that would inform me when a game hits the marketplace (or a reintegrated auction system) below a particular price. As it is, I just check the pages over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, there is no such option. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The Marketplace is the weak sister on this site. It is a revenue goldmine for the owners, so who knows why they let this continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Meyer
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
if not, support me in my (social?) revolution to list the consumer goods by owners location

For what it's worth (not much), you've got my support! I've been wishing for this very feature for a while!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wilson
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Do I own too many games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I woudl love to have teh ability to have a lot of teh geek using your country but espically on the market place and autions as postage is so high to the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
The Marketplace is the weak sister on this site. It is a revenue goldmine for the owners, so who knows why they let this continue.

A complete marketplace overhaul for BGG will soon be in the works, possibly by the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.