Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry in advance if this has been answered already. I have a couple of questions regarding the topic noted above.

First off, regarding selling your pet... A) if you do not sell from the stage at a 3x multiplier to your match points, am I to assume that you automatically get the 2x black market multiplier?

Second, I want to throw out a situation I do not completely understand. Let us assume I buy a pet in round one, which requires 2 need cards. I play the two, which happen to be an anger card and a magic card (need). Do these 2 first-round cards follow the pet for the life of the animal, or are they discarded at the end of the round, then after the aging process (where the needs grow to 4-5 per pet) do you draw all-new cards? I am thinking that the cards played stick with the pet... But just would like clarification.

Third, it seems like I read when showing your pets, you only score cards played "that round" and not "pet life to date"...please confirm if I am accurate....but when selling, you score all of the cards.

Thanks in advance. I couldn't digest all of the rules fast enough last night for my kids and me to play, and they were a bit dejected (I just bought the game yesterday). I just want to make sure that we can "get cranking" after dinner tonight, rather than spend another hour researching rule clarifications.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First question: Yes, you get the 2x Black Market if you don't sell from the platform.

Second question: You discard all cards at the end of the round. Each round you'll draw cards equal to the age of your pet.

Third question: You do score all your cards, but since you discard any previous cards played (see above), you'll only be scoring cards played this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes

2) New cards each turn.. older need cards do not follow them.

3) Since cards NEVER follow the beasties, it is true that you only score cards played that round. Of course, you have played one card for each need that round.

Cheers

dang .. ninja'd ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn D
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies...greatly appreciated! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.