United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over at the Earth Reborn site, they're taking pre-orders for hand-painted miniatures. I have to say, the do look gorgeous. But MAN are they expensive. $165 US plus $28 in shipping.

As much as I love this game, I will probably be holding off on pimping it to this extent.

http://earthreborn.ludically.com/painted-minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also apparently only 150 sets will be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Also apparently only 150 sets will be made.

Wow, missed that bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I can't imagine it would be hard to send your figures off to a painting services and get a similar end result. The prices are compatible to sending them of to Sri Lanka to get painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Cathan wrote:
Although I can't imagine it would be hard to send your figures off to a painting services and get a similar end result. The prices are compatible to sending them of to Sri Lanka to get painted.

Sri Lanka is a good 30% cheaper, I think mine came to about $115.00 postage included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Helljin wrote:
Cathan wrote:

Sri Lanka is a good 30% cheaper, I think mine came to about $115.00 postage included.

Pictures?

EDIT: Please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. $165.

I'd much rather keep my unpainted minis, and by $165 worth of new games.

Sorry, Ludically. You've priced me out of this one. But I'm sure you'll make 150 other geeks very happy. So that's good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
original announcement:
Earth Reborn Hand Painted Miniatures available for pre-order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as someone who has painted two sets of these guys, I believe the price to be a steal. $165 equates to just under $14.00 per figure plus shipping. Let's say each figure takes only 1.5 hours to paint. Looking at the detail showing on the website, this is a reasonable time frame. It is also less than half the time it took me to paint mine, as I am assuming they are much faster. That means they are selling that figure for less than $10.00 per hour on the final cost, including materials. Now, also assume that Ludically is making at least some profit on that, and remove the material costs, and you are optimistically looking at an hourly wage in the range of $5 an hour for an individual providing highly detailed professional painting.

If you assume 1 hour per mini, than you are looking at approzimately an additional $4 an hour in cost. so lets set the most optimistic hourly wage of the painter to about $9.00 an hour.

Neither strikes me as a fair and sustainable wage to paint miniatures professionally.

However, $165 for 12 highly detailed painted minis seems to be more than a bargain, assuming they do look as good as the ones pictured on their website. That may be more than you are willing to pay for such a luxury, but it is not an unfair price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Bobloblah wrote:
Helljin wrote:
Cathan wrote:

Pictures?

EDIT: Please?

Here ya go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:

Here ya go.

Who is this Sri Lanka you all speak of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Helljin wrote:

Here ya go.

Who is this Sri Lanka you all speak of?

http://www.paintedfigs.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mir
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vasquez looks downright horrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

fograsher wrote:
However, $165 for 12 highly detailed painted minis seems to be more than a bargain, assuming they do look as good as the ones pictured on their website. That may be more than you are willing to pay for such a luxury, but it is not an unfair price.

I agree. I'm busy painting my ER-figs and considering the amount of time involved I would never sell mine for less than $ 500,00 (I'm an amateur so each fig takes me hours, even merry Jimmy Woo Hoo, easily the fastest paint job).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm upset that I missed this completely. Has anybody received their sets yet? Anybody selling one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a set on eBay for $140. Not willing to pay that.

I hope to get mine painted some day soon. I've been practicing on other random minis to get back into the swing of painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mekane wrote:
I saw a set on eBay for $140. Not willing to pay that.

I hope to get mine painted some day soon. I've been practicing on other random minis to get back into the swing of painting.

Yeah, and that's for Gaming Standard. The ones pictured in that auction are $415.50! They look fantastic, but I'm going to take a crake at my figs myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.