Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Johnson
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've read the website and I see that it's a story-telling game. I also see that it's slotted to play a full game within 60-90 minutes. When I read the website about what's in the box, I see:

"This box set is stuffed with everything you need to go on the first adventure with Prince Collin and his allies."

Is there only one adventure in this base game? Or will there be a number of stories available to play through in this base box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khelz Underworld
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a complete story (somehow like a campaign) divided into chapters, and each chapter is replayable. I guess other stories will be available in upcoming extensions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 11 adventures (I know I read that somewhere) in this set. The "first" is probably referring to the fact that other adventure books (containing multiple adventures each) will be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is 1 Campaign, composed of 11 chapters. Each chapter is seperately playable, but has an overarching story together with the other chapters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
roguefighter5 wrote:
So I've read the website and I see that it's a story-telling game. I also see that it's slotted to play a full game within 60-90 minutes.

I would personally describe it as a tactical minis game with a very rich thematic storyline tying the scenarios together. The game box contains two books -- a rulebook, and a storybook (which is the scenario book). The storybook is entitled "Book One: Sorrow & Remembrance." As others have mentioned, it contains 11 Chapters, and each chapter takes 60-90 minutes to play. Some take over 90 minutes if you have 4 players engaging in a lot of tactics discussion. It depends on the group, really.

Yes, the chapters can be played separately, which is how a lot of the playtesting was done. But the full thematic effect is best when you take a single group through the game chapter by chapter over many sessions. In that regard, it treads the RPG line, but I'd still describe it as being firmly grounded on the boardgame side of the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
roguefighter5 wrote:
So I've read the website and I see that it's a story-telling game. I also see that it's slotted to play a full game within 60-90 minutes.

I would personally describe it as a tactical minis game with a very rich thematic storyline tying the scenarios together. As others have mentioned, there are 11 Chapters, and each chapter takes 60-90 minutes to play. Some take over 90 minutes if you have 4 players engaging in a lot of tactics discussion. It depends on the group, really.

Yes, the chapters can be played separately, which is how a lot of the playtesting was done. But the full thematic effect is best when you take a single group through the game chapter by chapter over many sessions. In that regard, it treads the RPG line, but I'd still describe it as being firmly grounded on the board game side of the house.

So, "First Adventure" refers to the 11 chapter storyline. I assume this also means the story arch has a beginning, middle, and end. Thus, when all 11 chapters are played in order you get a complete story.

For some reason, I am already sold on the game and have pre-ordered it from the web site... I hope my instinct turns out correct on this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
So, "First Adventure" refers to the 11 chapter storyline. I assume this also means the story arch has a beginning, middle, and end. Thus, when all 11 chapters are played in order you get a complete story.

Yes, exactly.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the game. It was a lot of fun to playtest, as it appealed to kids and adults. Not all games are a good fit for all people, of course. But this one really hit the sweet spot with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Sayburr wrote:

Yes, exactly.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the game. It was a lot of fun to playtest, as it appealed to kids and adults. Not all games are a good fit for all people, of course. But this one really hit the sweet spot with me.

And if a guy with a Cat Avatar can recommend a game about Mice - it must be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
cbs42 wrote:
Sayburr wrote:

Yes, exactly.

And if a guy with a Cat Avatar can recommend a game about Mice - it must be good.
Or at least tasty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.