Tyros» Forums » Variants

Subject: Trade-variant from german Site Hall9000 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools

In phase 3 of each round of the game, the action "Exchange with the Bank" (usually 3:3) should be limited to once per player,
otherwise wild exchange of cards tends to occur, which also additionally makes trading with other players superfluous.
Instead one could decide to remove the trading between players from the regular action choices and declare:
In addition to the played action the active player may trade with another player. (especially with 3 players)

Havent tried this myself yet but it sounds as if this variant will lead to more trading between players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. That should speed the game up in a good way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca revello
Italy
biella
italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is a correct limitation.

What's happen if you draft an unuseful card? I's possible only to build a ship or travel on map toward the color.

if you have the correct color you can build and travel, block and make more actions...

LUCA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Evans
msg tools
The rules state ‘up to three cards’ so trading three cards more than once would make more than three cards. A player could, for example, trade two cards but then only one other card in a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.