Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

You can see pictures and read all about our upcoming game on this year's Presidential Election at:

http://victorypointgames.com

It's an article on the front page, and we'll leave it up until the playtesting slots fill.

Enjoy!!

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair Markell
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I definitely don't want to be a playtester for this game. It's too important.

I'm pretty sure it has the greatest educational potential of any other game you've done. If you can make this a truly balanced game --- and I have no reason to doubt that you can --- then you will have created a very powerful tool for teachers. I'm hoping that the final design would create gameplay that would force the player to suspend his or her own political assumptions. With a little luck, students forced to take a more objective position will be less likely to perpetuate the partisanship of today's political environment.

I'll offer one suggestion: Try to design the engine so that the game can be updated for future presidential elections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a true STRATEGY game, and a lesson in election campaign management. It's not packed with "political lessons." There's "your side" (and you can play as either side) and the events and circumstances that work for or against your side -- and "their side" which a built-in "artificial intelligence" uses to oppose you.

The game engine should be able to work both forwards AND backwards (to capture some of the great elections of the past).

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great - look forward to the finished product (or playtest product lol )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no way you can make this game without ruffling a few feathers. It's hard to be "neutral" about politics, especially given that no one playing this game is neutral.

But that's fine. I'm glad you aren't making it completely bland and generic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.