Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 players game - limit the number of buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Radoslaw Szulgo
Poland
flag msg tools
Greetings all,
I've played recently with my friend and I've got an idea to limit the number of buildings available in the market.

An idea was to increase the competition for building specific buildings - in normal rules there are enough granaries to build in every city for both players. This seems to be OK and it's the same as in the PC game, but...

High number of buildings of the same type means that it's easy to achive a high number of trade points and a high number of production points. In consequence, there's no difficulty in building each turn a wonder, or a unit rank 4 in all cities.

I hope my description of this idea is understandable. What do you think about it ? What pros and cond do you see?

Thanks for your answers and discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick strategic note: You do not want to build too many buildings, especially in a 2p game, with the exception of Barracks/Academies. Civ is a race: spend too much time on infrastructure and you will be left behind. If you feel your 2p games involve many buildings (such as building all of the Granaries, which is pretty unusual), try playing more aggressively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.