Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: FAQ Compilation for "All Minor Cities Founded" Packet - SPOILERS VISIBLE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS. If information concerns another packet, then I will hide it, but questions and answers about the Minor Cities packet will be visible:

EVENT CARDS
Q: Some of the event cards benefit the player with the highest population. I assume that 'population' means the sum of all the cities that player controls (for example, a player controlling a Major City and two Minor Cities would have a population of 2+1+1=4). So, what do you do when there's a 'tie' in population, when two players have the same population. Do they both get the benefit of that Event Card? Does neither of them get the benefit? Or is there some kind of 'tie-breaker'?

A: Neither of them get it. (designer)

DRAFTING
Q:My friends find that it isn't terribly clear how the drafting is to go and have taken to setting out the draft cards in five randomized face-up piles. We take turns drafting and choose from only the top cards visible on each of the five piles.

I think we are over-complicating it and believe all cards should be available to choose from, not just one random card of each type. how do you play it?

A:All cards are available to choose. Lay out 5 stacks (faction, troop, coin, placement, turn) with all choices visible. Each turn through, the active player chooses any one card from a group he has not yet chosen from -- that is, you can't take both "10 troop" cards, and you are never required to take "6 troops" if "10 troops" is still available.

Note also that you are not required to take the "best" option: depending on your group and playstyle, you may want to opt into 5th placement instead of earlier (say, if you pair it with 1st turn and are going for a quick KO). Similarly, you could handicap yourself by voluntarily taking a 0 Coin card as your first choice.

Q: There are draft cards for starting troops, starting coins, turn order, and placement order. However, there aren't draft cards for Faction choice order. Do you make your Faction choice when you place your HQ, thus meaning that you make your Faction choice in Placement Order?

A: Picking your Faction is one of the things you can select when it's your turn in the draft order. Just lay them out on a virtual "fifth row" along with the Turn Order, Placement Order, Starting Troops, and Starting Coin Card rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.