Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard when the re print will be available, I have placed a pre order with LnL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested to know as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i found out that there are 30 pre orders in place (1 of them being mine) and they wont re print until there are another 170.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's a bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a pre owned copy on Ebay which ordered, which is ment to be in near mint condition. But i will still keep the pre order in. I really want this expansion as it is required to play other bigger expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm really thinking about getting into this game system, have the print and play demo but haven't had a chance to field it yet. However this going in and out of print and P500 stuff makes me a bit wary of jumping in. Especially seeing how some sets like Swift and the Bold are building blocks to other expansions. If I fall in love with the system I'd likely want to pick up the two eastern front expansions and the Bulge one, all of which require Swift and the bold.

I'm even somewhat curious about Forgotten Heroes, but that one looks like ANZAC is gone forever more. Not too mention Forgotten Heroes it's self looks to be going out of print soon, but at least there are actually used copies to pick up in the marketplace I've noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sputnik Monroe wrote:
I'm even somewhat curious about Forgotten Heroes, but that one looks like ANZAC is gone forever more.

Not so. Mark H. Walker has said it'll be reprinted. No guarantee or timeline, but it's supposed to be coming. If you get impatient, there's usually something in the BGG Marketplace or on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it will be reprinted without halos - I'm considering LnL 2nd edition and there's no way I want to combine it with the horrible halo maps.

(edit - it doesn't actually come with any maps does it blush )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats right no maps anyway, but the edition before going out of print was the 2nd edition anyway, which I managed to pickup 2nd hand (but looks as new)

I have picked up all the expansions to BoH and none have the halos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
Well i found out that there are 30 pre orders in place (1 of them being mine) and they wont re print until there are another 170.

This is very strange - Not One Step Back requires this expansion to play properly, and then Dark July requires Not One Step Back, and Noville also requires this - but who is going to buy them when there is no sign of this module being available again any time soon?

The real irony is that S&B must be a lot cheaper to produce than NOSB, DJ or Noville (just counters and rules - no maps), but LnL publishing will be losing sales on the more expensive expansions for want of keeping a cheaper one in print.

This is all (disappointingly) very ASL-esque.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David JULIEN
France
LYON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

fortunately S&B is required to play only few NOSB scenarios.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Sputnik Monroe wrote:
Yeah, I'm really thinking about getting into this game system, have the print and play demo but haven't had a chance to field it yet. However this going in and out of print and P500 stuff makes me a bit wary of jumping in. Especially seeing how some sets like Swift and the Bold are building blocks to other expansions. If I fall in love with the system I'd likely want to pick up the two eastern front expansions and the Bulge one, all of which require Swift and the bold.

I'm even somewhat curious about Forgotten Heroes, but that one looks like ANZAC is gone forever more. Not too mention Forgotten Heroes it's self looks to be going out of print soon, but at least there are actually used copies to pick up in the marketplace I've noticed.

ANZAC is a planned re print. They want to update graphics. etc.
Most of the products will go onto a preorder with enough demand. Post here and on their facebook page - Mark is there posting 2-3 times a day.

Pop in a pre order, its no money down until they reach the publish minimum OR if we are lucky it will go on the GUFFLESS system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David JULIEN wrote:
Hi

fortunately S&B is required to play only few NOSB scenarios.

David

I appreciate that - but is there a full list of the scenarios with their different component requirements (I understand from other posts the required counters are some low morale German units and a Panther G)?

I am about to order BoH and I can get NOSB at the same time to cut down on shipping - but I don't want to pay full price for an expansion that I can't straight away use to at least 80%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I've only recently acquired a copy of LNL:BOH and strongly considered getting some of the expansions for it at the same time, but I'd hate to do it while missing this necessary one.

Perhaps I'll take a look on ebay in a couple weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got both BoH and NOSB on the way - once they're here I'll post a summary of the scenarios and the required components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have NOSB on order (hope I get it soon ordered it from one of the bigger games stores in Oz obout a month ago, might cancel that order and get it direct from lnl as it only normally takes 2 weeks)
I ended up picking up a copy on ebay of S&B all the counters were puched but were in mint condition. Got it from Noble Knight games, think they deal in out of print stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Willi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
6 months since the last post , any update on a reprint? As a number of people have said why buy other expansions that need this, if its not availible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought I read recently that there's going to be a BoH/SaB deluxe box. I can't confirm this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
I thought I read recently that there's going to be a BoH/SaB deluxe box. I can't confirm this.

I'd buy that to give the system a good try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Martin
England
Whitstable
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:

I read that as well, still no good to people who already own the base game really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben v Gastel
Netherlands
Agelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already own BoH and would love to buy Swift and Bold.

I agree that it's a very strange policy not to have any core modules in stock when you need them for the other expansions (same for ASL "Yanks").

Would be happy to buy more expansion when SaB is finally there..

Dear people at Lock 'n Load .. please bring back this module back in stock, we will be happy to play your game and buy all the expansions, but I think most of us are waiting for just this little SaB module.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
me too, I really want to play Lock 'n Load: Noville -Bastogne's Outpost.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I very likely would have got into this series a year ago maybe two, if I knew the modules were readily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand that, however at the same time it's a base module. How can one expect to sell the later modules when the 2nd base module is unavailable. When I search around online I usually can find the other modules available at descent prices, but who's going to buy them when you need Swift and the Bold and you cannot get a hold of it?

Also as far as pre orders go, not everyone is predisposed to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben v Gastel
Netherlands
Agelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I understand the frustration at not being able to easily acquire the module through traditional channels, and the reluctance of "buying in" if you are uncertain everything you want will be readily available, but I'm not sure he has any choice if he wants to keep the company viable. I'd imagine this is why you see similar behavior from MMP.

I understand the financial position of LnL and I'm sure they have good reasons for not reprinting SaB yet, but on the other hand it's not a very expansive module (it's just counters and some scenario's, no maps.) If they bring back this less expansive module they will sell more of their bigger expansions for sure.

The P500 system is not a good comparison for the total sales for this module, I'm sure a lot of European buyers (including me) will only buy the module at a European store just to avoid the shipping (customs) risk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.