Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Execution during a Crises. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BSG [+] [View All]
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a game and Verdict of Guilty came up. If you pick the Top option and the current player is executed does the Crisis end with out the Cylon Activation Step and Jump step or do you continue the crisis.

Thanks,
Kieron
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkening_Light wrote:
I was playing a game and Verdict of Guilty came up. If you pick the Top option and the current player is executed does the Crisis end with out the Cylon Activation Step and Jump step or do you continue the crisis.

Thanks,
Kieron
You don't do them.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_...
Quote:
Q: If a Cylon character is executed during the resolution of a crisis on his or her turn, what happens to the prepare for jump (and activate cylon ships, in the case of an infilitrating leader) symbols?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of nbergom): The turn ends immediately and the rest of the symbols on the card are ignored.


.


And FTR, everytime I look at the UFAQ, my head hurts slightly again yuk
Although oddly enough, with the question about Dee and Code Blue 13YGP, it appears you still continue long enough to resolve the Brigging, but NOT the icons.
Quote:
'-1 morale and the current player is sent to the "Brig".

Quote:
Q: If the "Code Blue" crisis fails, Dee is the current player, she's human, and morale is 3 (before applying the effects of the crisis), is the replacement character placed in the Brig or in that character's starting location? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DaveD): Apply the effects in the order listed. (I suspect that some will still question what that means, so I retain my original answer: first lose the morale. At the loss of this morale, Dee is executed, the new character is placed on the board (wherever is appropriate), titles are passed, the new character is still the current player (that hasn't changed) and therefore is moved to the brig.)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

Although oddly enough, with the question about Dee and Code Blue 13YGP, it appears you still continue long enough to resolve the Brigging, but NOT the icons.
Quote:
'-1 morale and the current player is sent to the "Brig".

Quote:
Q: If the "Code Blue" crisis fails, Dee is the current player, she's human, and morale is 3 (before applying the effects of the crisis), is the replacement character placed in the Brig or in that character's starting location? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of DaveD): Apply the effects in the order listed. (I suspect that some will still question what that means, so I retain my original answer: first lose the morale. At the loss of this morale, Dee is executed, the new character is placed on the board (wherever is appropriate), titles are passed, the new character is still the current player (that hasn't changed) and therefore is moved to the brig.)



I think that is because ,after looking at the rules, each turn consists of steps:
Base Game Rules Pg9 wrote:

1. Recieive Skills Step
2. Movement Step
3. Action Step
4. Crisis Step
5. Activate Cylon Ships Step (if necessary)
6. Prepare for Jump Step (if necessary
)

After the Prepare for Jump step, the current player’s turn is over.

I think this shows that when a player is executed you complete the current step then move to the end (after jump prep) so skipping all in between. So in my case you skip steps 5 and 6. As the crisis is resolved. With the Code Blue step 4 needs to end and resolve the crises before the symbols are skipped.

Well that's how I now understand it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Darkening_Light wrote:
I was playing a game and Verdict of Guilty came up. If you pick the Top option and the current player is executed does the Crisis end with out the Cylon Activation Step and Jump step or do you continue the crisis.

Thanks,
Kieron
You don't do them.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_...
Quote:
Q: If a Cylon character is executed during the resolution of a crisis on his or her turn, what happens to the prepare for jump (and activate cylon ships, in the case of an infilitrating leader) symbols?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of nbergom): The turn ends immediately and the rest of the symbols on the card are ignored.


What if the current player is Human?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Darkening_Light wrote:
I was playing a game and Verdict of Guilty came up. If you pick the Top option and the current player is executed does the Crisis end with out the Cylon Activation Step and Jump step or do you continue the crisis.

Thanks,
Kieron
You don't do them.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_...
Quote:
Q: If a Cylon character is executed during the resolution of a crisis on his or her turn, what happens to the prepare for jump (and activate cylon ships, in the case of an infilitrating leader) symbols?
A: (Corey, FFG, by way of nbergom): The turn ends immediately and the rest of the symbols on the card are ignored.


What if the current player is Human?


It seems step #5 only appears when a cylon reveals, so I'm inclined to think that with a human execution, the icons do still get activated.

base game rulebook, p.19
Quote:
Revealed Cylon Players
A player who has a “You are a Cylon” Loyalty Card may reveal
it as an action. After a player has revealed himself as a Cylon,
he performs the following steps:
1. Discard: The player discards down to three Skill Cards.
2. Lose Titles: If the player had any Title Cards, they are given
to a different player (see “Line of Succession” on page 28).
3. Resurrect: The player moves his character token to the
“Resurrection Ship” Cylon location.
4. Receive Super Crisis: The player receives one random
Super Crisis Card. This card remains in his hand and may
be played by activating the “Caprica” Cylon location. Super
Crisis Cards are treated like normal Crisis Cards, but are
immune to all character abilities that affect Crisis Cards.
5. End Turn: The player’s turn then ends, and the current
player token is passed to the player on his left. Note that
a player who reveals himself as a Cylon does not draw
a Crisis Card at the end of this turn, or any of his future
turns (see “Revealed Cylon Players’ Turns,” below).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Exodus Rulebook page 8 says:

5. End turn: If the executed character was being played by the current player, that players turn ends, regardless of whether his character was a human or Cylon.

So it seems the symbols are always skipped.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think of it as resolving out of the current call stack before ending the turn - if an action has been started, that action will complete, even if it could be broken down into several sub-actions. At that level, the text effect of a Crisis is "atomic" - either it all happens or none of it does.

Somewhat contrary to most players' intuition, the Cylon activation icon and the Jump icon get processed as entirely separate actions from each other and from the processing of the text (and skill check graphics) of a Crisis card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.