Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that I have this wrong here, as my introduction to the 18XX system was via 1870...

But, in 1830, can you purchase stocks from the bank pool with the respective corporate funds? Am I thinking of price protection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, no. Only players can purchase stock in 1830.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But funds to construct track, place stations, and purchase trains must come out of corporation funds?

(with the exception that if a corporation must purchase a new train and it cannot afford to that it must come out of player funds)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be 18xx games in which companies buy stocks (even, perhaps, in other companies). 1841 is the first that comes to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
There can be 18xx games in which companies buy stocks (even, perhaps, in other companies). 1841 is the first that comes to mind.

18Neb can hold its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
I suspect that I have this wrong here, as my introduction to the 18XX system was via 1870...

But, in 1830, can you purchase stocks from the bank pool with the respective corporate funds? Am I thinking of price protection?

Maybe OT

Just to note that you can't do this in 1870 either, funds for price protection have to come from the President not the company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.