United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
Greyjoy, Lannister, Tyrell, Stark, Baratheon & Martell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

However, there is a Dance With Dragons expansion coming out which could replace some of the current houses.

There were also fan-made expansions to the 1st edition which added Targaryen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:
Is Targaryen in this game?

Troop components of the "faction":
1 Daenerys Stormborn
3 Dragons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The game takes place between King Robert's and Eddard Stark's deaths. It creates a Westeros that never was, but even so we're 5 books in now and there's been no Targaryen presence in Westeros... I'm comfortable with their exclusion until Dany actually arrives.

EDIT: I forgot that Aegon VI Targaryen does indeed take a few minor castles including Griffin's Roost towards the end of Book 5 with the help of Jon Connington and the Golden Company. But still--that's almost no Targaryen presence in Westeros through the first 5 books. They're just minor houses tied to Storm's End. It's barely a toehold, and Dany hasn't even arrived yet. Definitely nothing comparable to the houses represented in the game. Let's see what book 6 brings in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
The game takes place between King Robert's and Eddard Stark's deaths. It creates a Westeros that never was, but even so we're 5 books in now and there's been no Targaryen presence in Westeros... I'm comfortable with their exclusion until Dany actually arrives.

EDIT: I forgot that Aegon VI Targaryen does indeed take a few minor castles including Griffin's Roost towards the end of Book 5 with the help of Jon Connington and the Golden Company. But still--that's almost no Targaryen presence in Westeros through the first 5 books. They're just minor houses tied to Storm's End. It's barely a toehold, and Dany hasn't even arrived yet. Definitely nothing comparable to the houses represented in the game. Let's see what book 6 brings in a few years.

(book 5 spoilers)
He may not have made much progress by the end of book 5, but the assumption is that he has the forces to potentially conquer westeros. It seems very reasonable to me that the Dance with Dragon house cards could feature his faction, or have him merged with Martell.

The one reason I would doubt them doing that is that it's a fairly major spoiler for anyone just watching the television show. (which is why I felt the need to qualify my spoiler tag).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.