United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
The section on page 4 says "Players may play Treasure and Hero Character Cards any time that they are appropriate."

The section on page 7 says "Players can play any number of cards on their turn."

Which is correct? They can play any time, or only on the player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually both statements are correct, but I can see where they could be confusing to you.

Players can play cards on other players turns, usually in response to the active player's actions - the cards for the most part define this.

Players may also play as many cards on their turn as they like with a few restrictions as noted in the FAQ. Limitations include boosting a card they have played, or multiple hazard, theft, hindrance cards played on another player - they are limited to 1 per turn of this type.

Sorry for the confusion, and please check the FAQ it has more details.

Thanks for playing - Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, more timing questions! Some of these are obviously related, but I list them all anyway.

1) I have only hit point left. I get hit for one point of damage. Can I heal now that I’m dead? Perhaps only prevent damage can be used now and heal has to be used when you’re still alive?

2) Someone plays a card to steal a treasure from me. I play a card to get some gold. I used the gold to pay for a card that lets me retrieve a discarded hero card. I retrieve a theft prevention card and play it to stop the original theft. Is this okay?

3) When exactly do cards go to the discard piles? I ask because someone played a card to cancel another hero’s action and then someone else wanted to play a card to go into the discards and get that prevention to prevent the prevention!

4) When the game ends “immediately”, can players still play cards out of their hands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I have only hit point left. I get hit for one point of damage. Can I heal now that I’m dead? Perhaps only prevent damage can be used now and heal has to be used when you’re still alive?

No - you may only heal while you still have at least 1 Hit Point or more remaining.

2) Someone plays a card to steal a treasure from me. I play a card to get some gold. I used the gold to pay for a card that lets me retrieve a discarded hero card. I retrieve a theft prevention card and play it to stop the original theft. Is this okay?

Yes - all of these plays would be legal.

3) When exactly do cards go to the discard piles? I ask because someone played a card to cancel another hero’s action and then someone else wanted to play a card to go into the discards and get that prevention to prevent the prevention!

The cards go into the discard pile after all cards have been played and the action(s) resolved.

4) When the game ends “immediately”, can players still play cards out of their hands?

No - Once the game ends no cards or treasure can be played. I think this one is in the FAQ, but once an end game condition triggers - all play immediately stops.

Thanks for playing - sorry I did not see your questions sooner.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

No - Once the game ends no cards or treasure can be played. I think this one is in the FAQ, but once an end game condition triggers - all play immediately stops.

OK. So then, let's say I'm moving and I'm near the exit. If anyone wants to play any cards, they need to do it BEFORE I roll the movement die because if I roll high enough I can just say GAME OVER and that's it. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.