Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The conquest of the galaxy continues. Year one was somewhat aggressive. There is not much hope of peace in Year two....

After spending Power:

Power Fleet Gars'n Insrnce Team
19 0 7 0 Doh!minion of Doh!nuts
18 5 4 0 Empire of the Founding Fathers
18 0 6 2 The Emanon Empire
18 3 3 0 The Empire of Worlds in Flames
17 4 5 1 Robobo-Bobobot Empire
15 7 8 0 StarJacks
15 6 5 1 Brothers Emmanuel
15 6 6 0 Kingdom of Loathing
12 14 2 2 The Kender
12 10 8 0 Insurance Consortium
11 9 9 0 Followers of Deebs
10 9 11 0 Arrowninan Empire
10 10 10 0 The Shadowy Men on a Shadow Planet

Raids:

The Kender raided Robobo-Bobobot with 14 fleet versus 5 Garrison. All the Garrison was destroyed, 5 Power was stolen and 3 Fleet lost
Founding Fathers attacked Insurance Consortium with 5 Fleet versus 8 Garrison but fell into an ambush. None of the fleet came back, 2 Garrison were destroyed and 2 Power stolen
The Shadowy men arrived at a reeling Robobo-Bobobot empire with 10 Fleet and took advantage. 3 Power was stolen and no fleet lost.
A massive space battle took place as Arrowninan Empire attacked Doh!minion of Doh!nuts with 9 fleet against 7 Garrison. 5 fleet and 5 garrison were destroyed and 2 power stolen
Insurance Consortium sent their 10 Fleet at StarJacks with 8 Garrison. Stealth played a big part and only 3 fleet and 3 garrison were lost, but 4 Power was stolen.
Brothers Emmanuel raided Emanon with 6 Fleet vs 6 Garrison. A bloody affair. 4 Fleet were lost, 3 Garrison and 3 Power were stolen.
Then Kingdom of Loathing appeared in the shellshocked Emanon empire with 6 Fleet. The Garrison was wiped out, taking 2 Fleet with them and 2 more Power was stolen.
Finally StarJacks 7 Fleet cruised into Doh!minion space. The Doh!nuts 2 Garrison were blown to dust, killing only one of the attackers, which stole 2 Power.

After Attacks:

Power Fleet Gars'n Insrnce Team
20 0 4 0 Empire of the Founding Fathers
18 2 5 1 Brothers Emmanuel
18 3 3 0 The Empire of Worlds in Flames
17 4 6 0 Kingdom of Loathing
17 11 2 2 The Kender
13 10 10 0 The Shadowy Men on a Shadow Planet
12 4 11 0 Arrowninan Empire
12 7 6 0 Insurance Consortium
11 0 0 0 Doh!minion of Doh!nuts
11 9 9 0 Followers of Deebs
9 6 5 0 StarJacks
8 0 0 2 The Emanon Empire
1 4 0 1 Robobo-Bobobot Empire

Please send turn orders by Saturday night (US time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! But at least now I see how this works. For some reason I thought the Power rating was permanent, thus worth building up. [disabuses himself of silly notion] Already next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, and math was definitely one subject that I have not paid much attention to, shouldn't I be at 15 power? I started with 19 and lost a total of four it would seem. Maybe I missed something in the results paragraph?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gvonl wrote:
However, and math was definitely one subject that I have not paid much attention to, shouldn't I be at 15 power? I started with 19 and lost a total of four it would seem. Maybe I missed something in the results paragraph?

Attacks steal Power AND cause damage equal to the stolen amount of power, so if you have four stolen you will have lost 8.

But it is worth raising queries as I am totally capable of cocking up the maths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
How'd they steal power if their fleet didn't come back? I call shenanigans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, we're merely keeping the power safe for it's real owner, who appears to have misplaced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
How'd they steal power if their fleet didn't come back? I call shenanigans!

It's transmitted via sub-space power relays. You don't need the fleet to bring it back physically. How 25th century that would be!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry sir, Shenanigans has been called and you shall have to wait for shenanigans to appear and be sworn in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really confused as to why I only have 1 power left.

My Starting Power was 17.
The Kender (boo, hiss) stole 5 power in their vicious raid
The Shadowy Men (The Shadowy Cads more like) stole 3 power in their dastardly attack
For a total of 8 power lost which should leave me with 9. Did is miss something?

Oh wait you explained this up above. Oh crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know it got destroyed equally. I just wanted to steal strongly borrow yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I didn't know it got destroyed equally. I just wanted to steal strongly borrow yours.

If it's just borrowed are you able to strongly return it too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'll send the fleet right over with it. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Sure, I'll send the fleet right over with it. devil

I wouldn't want to bother you with such trouble. Sending it via one of those sub-space relays will be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I can enjoy a game where attacking brings pretty much automatic rewards, despite the garrison's defensive perfection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'm not sure I can enjoy a game where attacking brings pretty much automatic rewards, despite the garrison's defensive perfection...

I don't see that it works like this.
Two of the raids this turn resulted in net losses for the attackers (in terms of fleet lost/power gained).
In addition, if you are spending on fleet then you are spending less on garrison, which makes you more of a target for other players.

The game mechanics are simple. But the game isn't. The way to win is not to be attacked. How do you go about that? It isn't just by building garrison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.