1989: Dawn of Freedom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Common European Home rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Puppe W
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Is the Common European Home event similar to Twilight Struggle's UN intervention, meaning you can play this card together with a card associated with your opponent and use that card for ops but ignore the event? Or do you just discard your opponent's card without triggering the event, not gaining any ops?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing it like TS's UN Intervention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the same as UN Intervention. You get to use the Ops when you play your opponent's event without triggering the event. The difference is if you use Common European Home for Ops you pay a 1 VP penalty. This is so players pay a cost if they want to hold a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wink
United States
Eagleville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does your opponent get 1 vp if you play the event and use the Ops from the canceled card

or

does your opponent get 1 vp if you play the common European home card just for 2 ops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadLT wrote:
Does your opponent get 1 vp if you play the event and use the Ops from the canceled card

No.

Quote:
does your opponent get 1 vp if you play the common European home card just for 2 ops.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:
BadLT wrote:

No.

Quote:

Yes.

Thanks Ted for getting back to us so quickly. Me and BadLT had an excellent game decided by 1 point and I played the Common European card as one of the last cards in the game to cancel the consumerism card but we were sure whether to award 1 vp.

So BadLT it looks like we can call our game a draw. I think we'll need a re-match soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wink
United States
Eagleville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response Ted! I guess my rationale was that if you play it and execute Ops in any way shape or form, you've played it for Ops. Probably 1 too many Sierra Nevada's . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.