Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

The other day I was looking at editions of power grid in a store, the boxes however seemed to be lacking in the description of what was actually included...

There seemed to be the following:
Original box
2-3 expansion boxes
2-3 original game packaged with one or another expansion
And what appeared to be the original game with at least half a dozen expansion maps, but it wasn't actually clear if it did actually include the base game or if it was just a collection of maps...

Does anyone have a better idea of what comes in the last one???

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
PK1988 wrote:
Hey all,

The other day I was looking at editions of power grid in a store, the boxes however seemed to be lacking in the description of what was actually included...

There seemed to be the following:
Original box
2-3 expansion boxes
2-3 original game packaged with one or another expansion
And what appeared to be the original game with at least half a dozen expansion maps, but it wasn't actually clear if it did actually include the base game or if it was just a collection of maps...

Does anyone have a better idea of what comes in the last one???

Thanks

Hm ...

You seem to have discovered more than what is actually available!

There is:

1) The original box

2) Five (I think it is now) different expansions maps, all of which are just a board and a rule sheet, in shrink-wrap.

3) One more expansion board (Brazil & Spain/Portugal) which actually comes in a box similar to the base game. (I think this is what you saw as the last box). The box here is designed to hold all of the maps so far, so the back of the box shows a picture of all the different maps available.

I don't know what the "expansion boxes" or bundles were ... Unless the store had just made them up themselves ?

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
3) One more expansion board (Brazil & Spain/Portugal) which actually comes in a box similar to the base game. (I think this is what you saw as the last box). The box here is designed to hold all of the maps so far, so the back of the box shows a picture of all the different maps available.

This one says "Collector's Box" on the front, just under the Power Grid name plate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
What you should find in an Australia shop is:

Power Grid (the base game)
France/Italy (expansion map pack, no box)
Benelux/Central Europe (expansion map pack, no box)
China/Korea (expansion map pack, no box)
Russia/Japan (expansion map pack, no box)
Brazil/Spain & Portugal (expansion map in a box the same size as the original box to help store the other expansion maps "collect them all")
Power Grid: The Robots (honestly I don't know how this is packaged because a friend picked it up for me and delivered it in a plastic bag)
Power Grid: The New Power Plant Cards (teeny tiny box)

You may find some of the promo cards at the better shops:
Power Grid: Flux Generator
Power Grid: BGG Promo Card Set
Power Grid: Transformer Station
Power Grid: Warehouse
Power Grid: Supply Contract

The English version of this expansion map does not seem to have been released yet, although the German one is available.
Power Grid: Québec/Baden-Württemberg

Although the uber completists may already have these maps whistle
Funkenschlag: EnBW (special EnBW base edition of the game, with Baden-Württemberg/Germany map)
Mégawatts (French language base game with Québec/France map)

Note these two are not available in Australia but could be replaced with Power Grid: Québec/Baden-Württemberg

There are also the following two games that come in the same size box as Power Grid and are related to Power Grid, but not Power Grid per se:
Power Grid: Factory Manager
Power Grid: The First Sparks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.