Subject: Which game for my nearly 5 year old? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so my little man isn't very well (nothing serious thankfully), and has asked daddy to get him a treat...

So I've been looking at The Magic Labyrinth or the The aMAZEing Labyrinth (tiles).

Which of these would you recommend (if either)?

Alternatively I'd really like to get him a dexterity game but all the ones I want aren't available: Gulo Gulo, RoadZters, Sorry Sliders etc - any decent dexterity games available in the UK? Preferably at either Spirit Games or Leisure Games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Magic Labyrinth is one of my 5 year old daughter's favorite games. It's a quick, fun, and creative memory game, which you can easily scale to different difficulty levels by adjusting the underlying maze. To make it a little easier, you can save the bits you punch out of the slots you put the wooden walls into and use them to mark on the maze where you hit a wall. When we first got the game, we started that way, but our kids quickly progressed to just doing everything by memory (i.e., how the game was designed). Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My six year old loved playing along with Zooloretto when he was five.

For something cheap and fun, he also liked Click Clack - huge, simplistic, chromed up beyond its substance but right in the four-five year old zone. And only £7.99 at the Works post free with code http://www.theworks.co.uk/Click-Clack/4010350500019.html - maybe short shelf life, but over produced beyond belief and price - it retailed at £50 and full of cool metal squirrels and magnetic nuts. Can't not buy it for a near five year old, and ridiculously cheap. Four left in stock... £2.99 shipping or free for orders above £10 if you buy a few extras with code "DELIVERY10"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have both and both played by my 4-5 year old. Magic Lab is the way to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.