Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the situation...

A player reveals an authorization card that will allow them to either A) put an official on the board as a samurai; or B) move 1-2 samurai on the board. That player has two officials with that card.

Is it legal to do A) with the first official, placing it on the board, and then B) to move that new samurai from the border location to another location?

The argument against is that it would be using the same official/samurai twice in the same action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My best guess is that it would be allowed, as the 2 activations of the action are independent. But I'm sure you'll get an official ruling here shortly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Is it legal to do A) with the first official, placing it on the board, and then B) to move that new samurai from the border location to another location?

Yes, it's legal. Each activation is independent. You might also place 3 officals to that card and choose A - A - B (bring 2 Samurai to the plan and move then directly afterwards) or A - B - B (bring 1 Samurai to the plan and move him together with up to 3 other Samurai that already were on the plan). Any combination is allowed.

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion:
The Samurai, that was placed with the first action may be moved with the second action.

Explanation:
First: I don't find a reference in the rules, that a Samurai may not take two actions per turn. It is simply not possible normally, BUT I could legally place 3 Officials behind the "Move/Place" authorization card and move the same Samurai three times (Although that doesn't make ANY sense at all - but nothing in the rules prevents such nonsense ^^)

Second: In this special case: A Meeple behind an authorization card is an OFFICIAL, which turns into a SAMURAI when placed on the board. So, technically you use that SAMURAI (in your example) only once, when you move him - when you placed him, you used him as an OFFICIAL.

Anyway, my main argument is the first point: Nothing in the rules says, you generally may not perform more than one action with your SAMURAIS. Although for special actions, like building, ressource gathering and trading, it is always stated, that you need a DIFFERENT Samurai for further actions this turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nanananana - faster! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, only seconds make me second...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stefan! Your answer makes it very clear...and thanks to Thomas as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:

Ricky Bobby: "If you're not first... you're last!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Almecho wrote:

Ricky Bobby: "If you're not first... you're last!"

Second winner is first loser! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.