Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Virtual Wars Universal Summit

This thread is for the Empires of Virtual Wars to hold open negotiations. And possibly to resolve disputes.

Obviously any negotiations, (taunting is a diplomatic tactic), posted here are for public record. Secret dealings may be done in private chambers between Empires.

REGULATIONS:

1) No trade of personnel or materials. This includes Power, Fleets, Garrisons, and/or Insurance.

2) No assassination attempts nor any conflict within the Neutral Zone designated for these negotiations.

3) Any member of the Universal Summit may propose a new regulation or sanction for consideration by the Summit.

RESOLUTIONS:

Resolution 1 is in effect for Cycles 2 & 3.

SANCTIONS:

None Current

VOTING:

Each member of the Universal Summit may vote on any topic up for consideration up to 1 time for every 10 Power, (or fraction thereof), they currently control.

[Future Regulations may be added if ratified by the members of the Virtual Wars Summit.]

The floor of the Universal Summit has been opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May it please the Empires present, the StarJacks declare they are MUCH GRIEVED by the unprovoked aggression from the Insurance Consortium against our peaceful empire. We had actually considered buying some insurance from them, but obviously they are not to be trusted, not one bit.

Now, some might point out the StarJacks' random attack on the Doh!minion of Doh!nuts, but obviously that was the StarJacks agenda at the START of Turn 1 and, in keeping with long StarJacks tradition, that plan changed by the END of the turn and we are again a peaceful empire. Really. For a good many years this time.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Official Diplomatic Communication from The Insurance Consortium*

In our empire's defense, I present this evidence from the Turn 00 thread:

wifwendell wrote:

Our military is highly trained to shoot at targets without considering the consequences. (That's what politicians are for.) I would like to lodge a formal complaint with this council against The Empire of Worlds in Flames for baiting our peace-loving empire into such an attack.

As remuneration, The Insurance Consortium hereby offers deeply discounted term life insurance policies to any and all members of The StarJacks loyal Fleet and Garrison members and their spouses.

*End Communication*

edit - counsel/council - makes a difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
As an Impartial Third Party to the grievance filed by The Empire of Starjacks, Kingdom of Loathing will propose the following resolution.

Modified Resolution 1 wrote:
To address the grievance filed by Empire of (EO) StarJacks against EO The Insurance Consortium the following is proposed.

1.1 Restrictions Imposed

1.1.1 - EO The Insurance Consortium will be restricted from attacking EO StarJacks for 2 cycles (turns), immediately following the ratification of this proposal.

1.1.2 - EO StarJacks will be restricted from attacking either EO The Insurance Consortium and/or EO Doh!minion of Doh!nuts for 2 cycles, immediately following the ratification of this proposal.

1.2 Results of Violation

1.2.1 - Either party of the above restriction that violates the restrictions imposed shall be deemed a Deplorable Empire and be logged as such in the annals of the Universal Summit.

Any member of the Universal Summit may submit alterations and/or objections to the above proposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
As an Impartial Third Party to the grievance filed by The Empire of Starjacks, Kingdom of Loathing will propose the following resolution.

Resolution 1 wrote:
To address the grievance filed by Empire of (EO) StarJacks against EO The Insurance Consortium the following is proposed.

1.1 Restrictions Imposed

1.1.1 - EO The Insurance Consortium will be restricted from attacking EO StarJacks for 2 cycles (turns), immediately following the ratification of this proposal.

1.1.2 - EO StarJacks will be restricted from attacking either EO The Insurance Consortium and/or EO Doh!minion of Doh!nuts for 2 cycles, immediately following the ratification of this proposal.

1.2 Results of Violation

1.2.1 - Either party of the above restriction that violates the restrictions opposed shall be deemed a Deplorable Empire and be logged as such in the annals of the Universal Summit.

Any member of the Universal Summit may submit alterations and/or objections to the above proposal.

We vote for ratification. With the following addemdum:

The offender will be required to write:
"I will not attack other empires" 100 times on the black board.

Cowabunga,

The August and Most Behaviourally Challenged
Bart I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
A vote for Modified Resolution #1 has been called.

All in favor mark - YEA
All against mark - NEA
Any Empire which does not submit their votes by 12:00 noon EST Sunday May 20th will have their votes marked - ABSTAIN

Modified Resolution 1 wrote:

1.1 Restrictions Imposed

1.2 Results of Violation

1.2.1 - Either party of the above restriction that violates the restrictions imposed shall be deemed a Deplorable Empire and be logged as such in the annals of the Universal Summit.

1.2.2 - Either party of the above restriction that violates the restrictions imposed shall be required to write "I will not attack other empires" 100 times on the black board. Notarized HoloVid proof to be provided

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AY(e) Caramba!

[which you can read as AYE]

edit: We mean YEA of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Robobo - Bobobots only get 1/10th of a vote. Can we just say A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AYE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YEA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
TMVM wrote:
I think the Robobo - Bobobots only get 1/10th of a vote. Can we just say A

They get 1 full vote. As 1 power is a fraction of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote once Aye, once Nay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will sign if all other powers sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AYE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let it be noted for the record RESOLUTION 1 has passed with a vote of;

10 - For
1 - Against
13 - Abstain

Resolution 1 will take effect at the time noted below for Cycles 2 and 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:

10 - For
1 - Against
13 - Abstain

Are you stuffing the ballot box? Really, 24 votes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Astinex wrote:

10 - For
1 - Against
13 - Abstain

He voted early, but often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
gvonl wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Astinex wrote:

9 - For
1 - Against
13 - Abstain

Sorry correction in bold noted above. Counted two votes for StarJacks who should have only had one.

Same results though, (Resolution passed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
gvonl wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Astinex wrote:

9 - For
1 - Against
13 - Abstain

Sorry correction in bold noted above. Counted two votes for StarJacks who should have only had one.

Same results though, (Resolution passed).

Is it binding if not unanimous?

Also weren't orders due last night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC:
I started the Summit with no more intention than to have a humorous little thread to openly discuss the game. This wasn't something Tony had planned. Nor has he condoned it other than to say we can use diplomacy during the game.

The first regulation, (Trading), is actually a rule of the game confirmed by Tony.

The second regulation, (Assassinations), is really just fluff.

The third regulation, (adding regulations), was really just a spur of the moment addition on my part.

I didn't really intend this to be that formal, though it appears as if people are getting into it. If we want to adjust to a more formal standing I imagine we can all choose to do so. Though, as is the case with real world organizations, I don't know how much power this Summit will really have. It will have what ever power we all choose to give it I suppose.

wifwendell wrote:

This is something we can discuss in Summit. Seeing as the punishments are not really that heavy I didn't think it mattered that much.

Quote:

Yes, but the turn hasn't been posted, which means the cycle hasn't happened yet. At least that's how I perceive it. My thoughts were that because of the wording of the resolution, and the deadline, someone might try to sneak one more attack in before the resolution took effect. But they risk getting caught. We have little control over when Tony actually posts the results and should probably take unforeseen delays into consideration. Especially if there are sanctions or resolutions up for vote. I think the question here is what constitutes the end of a cycle. The deadline for submitting orders, or the posting of those orders results.

I know I've been driving this thing, but I don't consider myself an authority on how this works really. I figured we stumble through and debate all these points together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
OOC:
I started the Summit with no more intention than to have a humorous little thread to openly discuss the game. This wasn't something Tony had planned. Nor has he condoned it other than to say we can use diplomacy during the game.

The first regulation, (Trading), is actually a rule of the game confirmed by Tony.

The second regulation, (Assassinations), is really just fluff.

The third regulation, (adding regulations), was really just a spur of the moment addition on my part.

I didn't really intend this to be that formal, though it appears as if people are getting into it. If we want to adjust to a more formal standing I imagine we can all choose to do so. Though, as is the case with real world organizations, I don't know how much power this Summit will really have. It will have what ever power we all choose to give it I suppose.

wifwendell wrote:

This is something we can discuss in Summit. Seeing as the punishments are not really that heavy I didn't think it mattered that much.

Quote:

Yes, but the turn hasn't been posted, which means the cycle hasn't happened yet. At least that's how I perceive it. My thoughts were that because of the wording of the resolution, and the deadline, someone might try to sneak one more attack in before the resolution took effect. But they risk getting caught. We have little control over when Tony actually posts the results and should probably take unforeseen delays into consideration. Especially if there are sanctions or resolutions up for vote. I think the question here is what constitutes the end of a cycle. The deadline for submitting orders, or the posting of those orders results.

I know I've been driving this thing, but I don't consider myself an authority on how this works really. I figured we stumble through and debate all these points together.

The Doh!minion of Doh!nuts proposes a human rights intervention whereby the other empires each send some "developmental" power points in our direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that we're not allowed to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'm pretty sure that we're not allowed to do that.

But we have a serious Chocolate glazed shortage on our hands and the Comic Book guy has bought up all the burritos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I abstain, I think the voting is rigged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.