Geoffrey Globus
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
England, 1073. Take on the role of a Reeve of a Feudal Manor. Compete against other Reeves for farmland while dealing with Blights, The Plague and the occasional Flood.

The Objective is to plant as many Fields of Crops as possible in order to have the largest harvest, gaining bonuses from Field size and proximity to water.

Feudal Endeavour: Fields & Fenceposts has spent several years in development and is almost ready for publication. (Probably 3rd or 4th Qt 2013)

I welcome all comments, so be brutal.

Here is the link to the PnP
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39051923/FEFF_PnP.pdf

Feudal Endeavour: Fields & Fenceposts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesters Ghost
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
While I love the concept of a free-form board, I can see measuring the distances being quite a pain.

Would it be possible to include a border on the fields, 1/4", so if the borders do not touch/overlap, they're too far away? That would remove the necessity to measure from much of the game.

Can't really comment much more without actually playing, nothing else jumped out at me. I will endeavour to give this a try soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Globus
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Jesters, good question. Most of the time it won't be necessary to actually measure, you can just eyeball it. It's only when there's a doubt that you need to physically measure.
That's why I put the darker line on the edges of the river, as long as your tiles a direclty across from one another, in that area, they're within a Fieldwidth (1/2in). Doing that cut down on the need to measure significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesters Ghost
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yeah, I noticed that, which is why I thought it odd a similar thing wasn't done for the fields. But yeah, I imagine with most people you can just guesstimate. Depends on your gaming group I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ran across the edges of some of the debate on measure/don't measure. Apparently it's hotly debated, and people in one camp tend (not always) to really be behind their position. Grain of salt, I read just a bit. I did stumble on a Geeklist about it, but I can't remember it off the top of my head

This issue is VERY important to a wide variety of gamers; if it were me (oh no I'm gonna stick my foot in it again, Geoofrey ;D) I'd try to add a little something to make measuring easier, and the ones who don't want to can play as if that means nothing to them, which it doesn't to some. I'm not coming down on either side, just sayin! I don't care about measuring, myself, but aids to eyeballing? Doesn't hurt!

Just my own opinion, I respect all others!

Oh, and people? He really does take comments, brutal included. And he's got excellent customer relations skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.