Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sheppard
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There is a section of the rules that talks about moving your samurai by paying one ryo per space, but it is worded something along the lines of "you may move your samurai to a space with another samurai" (I don't have the rules here for an exact quote). The images/examples only show moves to a space with another samurai. Does this mean I can ONLY move to spaces with other samurai, or I can move anywhere, including spaces with other samurai?

Also, when taking the action that shows the border gate (allowing you to add a samurai at a border gate OR move two existing samurai to a new space), if you choose to move existing samurai, are they able to go anywhere on the board for free, or is there some limit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bosco312 wrote:
There is a section of the rules that talks about moving your samurai by paying one ryo per space, but it is worded something along the lines of "you may move your samurai to a space with another samurai" (I don't have the rules here for an exact quote). The images/examples only show moves to a space with another samurai. Does this mean I can ONLY move to spaces with other samurai, or I can move anywhere, including spaces with other samurai?

Also, when taking the action that shows the border gate (allowing you to add a samurai at a border gate OR move two existing samurai to a new space), if you choose to move existing samurai, are they able to go anywhere on the board for free, or is there some limit?

You can move samurai(s) wherever you want, it is just clarifying that yes, they can exist in the same area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bosco312 wrote:

You may move up to two of your Samurai anywhere you want; they don't have to start in the same field, nor do they have to end their move on the same field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The section in the rules says:

Quote:
Move up to 2 of his samurai already on the game board to new locations. Any number of samurai belonging to any number of players may share the same location.

"Any number" means none, too! So there is no limitation in the movement, whether paid for or free by "Travel".

The only limit is that the Merchant may not be moved with the "Travel" action, but only when paid for.

Best regards
Stefan Malz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.