Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: A couple of HOT TIPS in getting hold of a copy of the original core set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been tracking this bad boy for a few months now and I've finally come up trumps but I thought I'd share a couple avenues that are open still. I'm based in the UK but these tips are probably useful elsewhere as well.

1) Buy a foreign language edition and upgrade the cards with the Dust Tactics Unit Upgrade Pack. It's the models you're after anyhow and even the English-language edition is going to have those old numbers on them. For example, Amazon France have copies from 98 euros. Sure, you'll have to pay for delivery but certainly if you're in the EU, that will be minimal and without import duty.

2) Have faith in the "Notify me when back in stock" buttons. This is actually how I just picked up a copy from The Book Depository for £46 with free delivery. I thought what's the use if it's out of print but on a whim I put my email down and a single copy came back in stock and at a huge discount as well! I don't know if it was a return or simply a dusty copy that got lost somewhere in the warehouse but it just goes to show it's worth a punt.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: If anyone's interested in the EU, The Book Depository on Amazon UK have another copy for £62.86 (only 1 in stock) though a bit of warning: this may be a mistake as on The Book Depository site, it's listed as out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
As for me, I'd just go to any of two flgs near me that still have a copy they sell for it's original price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Skinner
Canada
Beaumont
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
As for me, I'd just go to any of two flgs near me that still have a copy they sell for it's original price...

:p

Tell them to send them out to Alberta... I'd love to grab a copy :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a spare copy up for auction with a soft reserve, never played but opened. Cost for international shipping might be excessive though.

Auction for AH Bookshelf games, Dust: Tactics, BattleLore, and more!

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Another set in the auctions - $80! Wish I could afford it to add to my revised core set.

Dave's Game Auction II (Ends July 8th)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingsley Henderson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I just snagged a very lightly used Original Core Set from craigslist for $80 (includding shipping!) from someone in Texas. I used a webpage that seaches all of craigslist's geographical areas at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.