Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Always stomped, never the stomper...
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game today, there were 11 spaces filled with ghosts and then our teammate chose to "unhaunt" a tile, which then forced him to draw a ghost. He placed it in the final vacant spot. The next ghost was Wu-Feng. What would happen in this situation?

The rulebook says what to do in this situation for COMMON ghosts, but not Wu-Feng (I don't think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same rule: if you can't place the ghost, you lose a Qi instead of drawing the ghost. Try to clear some space quickly so the ghosts start coming into play again or you will quickly die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you should have lost a life instead of drawing the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why you'd expect Wu Feng to be treated differently in this instance...

If all 12 slots are full when you would normally draw a ghost, you lose a qi, and the ghost you would have drawn stays on top of the deck, so it will be the first ghost you draw after a space opens up. You don't "skip past" ghosts that you don't have space for or anything like that; the ghost's arrival is merely delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. That is where we went wrong. We were drawing the ghost, then losing a Qi, then discarding the ghost. That's why I thought Wu-Feng would be treated differently, I was like there is no way we just discard it....

Thanks for your help guys!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for you guys it was actually a bonus to have all 12 slots full because it killed a ghost for you, just like the sorcerer's hut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
So for you guys it was actually a bonus to have all 12 slots full because it killed a ghost for you, just like the sorcerer's hut?
It appears that was the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we were confused and knew something was wrong and I just couldn't really find it in the rules and now I realize we had the whole thing wrong so we just didn't count it as a victory at all! It was only our third-ish time playing. We know better now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.