Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looking at an AH accessory, had a rules question about sanity/stamina rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a set of skill trays on Kickstarter that allow you to easily mark each investigator's skills as well as marking their max sanity/stamina with dice in dice slots.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1133945043/laser-cut-gam...

If I'm correct, the max sanity and max stamina listed on any investigator's card (from the base game, all expansions, the Penny Arcade cards, the Calvin Wright AH League card, etc.) is 7 and 7. This makes it easy to mark those stats with d8s. Is there any rule/card/event/whatever from the base game or any of the expansions that would raise an investigator's max sanity or max stamina above 8?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew I
United States
Milwaukee
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You definitely could, though the effects are few enough (the only ones I can think of are "Changed" and a pair of allies, though I assume there are personal stories or otherworld cards or something that also boost them) that it seems like you'd almost have to try to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Maxwell
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have Kingsport, 7 of the investigators can get to Sanity 9 (with a changed card and Duke as an ally). Not sure about Stamina.

You could always swap to a d10 or even d12 if necessary. I am thinking about getting some of those trays myself, they look really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyMax wrote:
If you have Kingsport, 7 of the investigators can get to Sanity 9 (with a changed card and Duke as an ally). Not sure about Stamina.

You could always swap to a d10 or even d12 if necessary. I am thinking about getting some of those trays myself, they look really good.

Thanks! Now, is it possible, in any way, for an investigator to get their max sanity or stamina over 10?

Those trays do look great. He just sent out an update about reducing the width of the tray to match the cards. I also posted a comment about Lily Chen's tray, as his example only showed 2 dice slots. It's in one of the updates. He's willing to make her combo tray with 4 dice slots.

Now, all I have to do is find a way to put some sort of sticker on each tray to indicate what each slots is for (e.g., current stamina, max sanity, etc.). He won't etch them since they wouldn't show up that well anyway on the clear plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes. It's highly improbable, and requires bits from 3 different expansions, but it's also possible to have a current stamina of at least 13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.