Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Ellis

Virginia
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2124589346/throwdown-car...

This project Starts MAY 18th and ends JULY 1st and will only go if it reaches the funding goal of $20,000

Animator Sam Ellis (former Lead Character Designer for ARCHER on FX) has left the world of TV Animation for a while to focus on one of his other passions, gaming.
He is doing that with THROWDOWN!

What is it?
THROWDOWN! is a turn based card game that uses the Draw-Attack-Discard system or D.A.D.s. During the game you will have a character, a deck, and a discard pile.

How do you play?
First you need at least 2 or more people to play and each person will need to have their own character card and deck, (the deck contains only 50 cards and is full of attacks, equipment, and modifiers) .

The objective of the game is to attack your opponents deck. You do this with your character card and cards you draw from your deck. You win when their deck is completely depleted. No matter how many people play you will always attack the person to your left, so until you get down to two players you cannot attack the person that attacked you.

Setting up to play is easy just place your character card next to your deck and your discard pile will go on the other side of your character.

Flip a coin to see who goes first, then follow 3 easy steps.

STEP 1 DRAW - On your turn DRAW a card from your deck and place it in front of your character card.

STEP 2 ATTACK - Your character must ATTACK on your turn and will automatically defend your deck on your opponents turn. Total and resolve conflict damage. Follow any additional rules on the card, (such as equipping items to your character increasing their attack or defense).

STEP 3 DISCARD - Now discard the card in play and put it into your discard pile, it is now your opponents turn and they follow the 3 easy steps.

Thats it, it's a lot like the old card game WAR, but with a twist and some fantastic artwork!

!!!EACH PERSON NEEDS A DECK TO PLAY!!! Decks start at $10 and there are some exclusive Kickstarter pledge levels that will give you alternate character cards to give you an advantage in game play, by allowing you to equip more items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork looks fantastic but the gameplay seems way to simplistic for my tastes. Good luck to you on KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Ellis

Virginia
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey guys,

I have another chance on kickstarter.
I was able to find a new printer that was able to do a much smaller run that was able to get me to bring the goal down to a tenth of what it was before.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2124589346/throwdown-car...

It uses the same basic game play as before, but, there are now more ways to play.

It's mechanics are deceptively simple but what it is really is elegant in its design where both kids and adults can not only play and enjoy it but play with together and enjoy it.

Rules for "Baccarat Style", "4 Card Reserve", and the Co-Op "Boss Fight" can bee seen at the kickstarter link and on the THROWDOWN! cards website.

www.throwdowncards.com

Please give it a look,check out the reward tiers, and tell a friend!

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.