Subject: Worth buying as a 2 player game over the original? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can pick this up for around £20 compared to £32 for the original. Is it worth getting over the original for a 2 player only game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duel can stand alone, but only having two armies instead of four dramatically reduces the variety.

Also, Vegas is... weird. A great deal of fun, but it plays very differently from the other factions, so you won't be getting quite the same experience.

My guess is that you would still enjoy it, but then want the original anyway. I would just buy the original first, even at the higher cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the advice. I might buy this and then buy the full game if I enjoy it enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with buying original first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grankin
Ukraine
Mariupol
flag msg tools
Definitely buy the original game. Vegas and Smart are both very quirky and you will not get the spirit of the game from them.

The main four armies are essential, as they introduce theme and strong and varied mechanics (Moloch - tough defenders, Borgo - fast melee genocide, Outpost - shooting and mobility, Hedge - heavy melee and nets). The variety of possible matchups will keep you interested, and balance is very good.

I advise you to buy the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh I think the message I'm getting is get the base game lol. Might do that since I've managed to get rid of my Battlestar Galatica and expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.