Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kentaro Sugiyama
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first "official" variant played at 2012 Geekway to the West, witnessed, play-tested, and approved by Gary Heidenreich.

------

Put out a number of bottle caps one less than the total number of players. For example, if there are eight players, put out seven bottle caps, spaced several inches apart in a rough circle, in the middle of the table.

After someone yells "start", players will attempt to grab one of the bottle caps. If they grab one, they are "safe" for the next round, and must stand-down and wait for the action to stop.

If a player manages to grab more than one bottle cap, they must immediately place the extras back in the center without stopping the action.

The round ends when all the bottle caps have been grabbed. The player that did not grab a bottle cap is eliminated; they will yell "start" for the next round.

Each round, one bottle cap is removed. Ensure there is always one less bottle cap than the number of active players, meaning yet another player will be eliminated. Rounds continue until there is only one winner!

A player must clearly and cleanly grab a bottle cap towards their direction. If a bottle cap flies off the table between two players, or if there is any doubt as to possession, it is declared "indeterminate", resulting in a "slap off" after the action has subsided. One bottle cap is placed at an equidistant location between the two players, preferably off-center away from the players. The winner proceeds to the next round.

If one of the players prematurely slaps, prior to the start of action, the other player is entitled to one free slap. Action then begins immediately following.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an excellent variant!!! Thank you for coming up with it. For more than four people, it's the way to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roni Worley
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to participate in this variant at Geekway 2012. It was a BLAST! I'd never played the original version, but this one is definitely a 4 stars/two thumbs up for a party game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Philo
badge
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a couple of videos from the Thursday night Geekway games featuring this variant (and a slap off!) on the Slappy Hands page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kentaro Sugiyama
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great videos, Erin!

I've posted direct links from my geeklist. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.