Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played once without Capitol Cities and twice with, I can clearly come down in favor of using the expansion. That said, photon bombs clearly have a greater impact on combat than Ambassadors have on diplomacy. Next game, we're going to try with Ambassadors giving a +2 bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried this, and it was okay, but I can't recommend it. The trade-off between Diplomacy and Conquering is a key feature of the game, and I think the +2 made Diplomacy too easy.

I think I jumped the gun by posting the idea before testing it ... I'd just delete it, but maybe it will help the next guy who wonders why a Photon Bomb increases your chance to hit by 16% but an Ambassador (which has the opportunity cost of a Photon Bomb) only increases your chance to ally by 1-11%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
dommer2029 wrote:
I think I jumped the gun by posting the idea before testing it ... I'd just delete it, but maybe it will help the next guy who wonders why a Photon Bomb increases your chance to hit by 16% but an Ambassador (which has the opportunity cost of a Photon Bomb) only increases your chance to ally by 1-11%.

Don't forget that a hit is only a destroyed starship (maybe even a low cost fighter) as the Diplomacy success rewards are tremendous and may last all game.

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.