Subject: 6 players game: take more than one role per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
i recently played rattus + africanus with 6 players, and i felt that 8 cards for 6 playes usually leaves one player with 0/1 roles in hand and you can't get past that count even if you want to.

I'd like to play a game where you have 10 roles to choose from and you can take up to 2 card roles per round.
That's because i think the spirit of the game is to push your greed taking more roles, hoping that when the rat tokens are revealed your roles are not there.

What do you think?
Can it work? Do you have other suggestions or proposals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any expansions yet, so I'm just posting my thoughts based on the base game.

even in a 4-player game, I've had times where someone can't get more than 1 role card. At least with the base game roles, if You could draw 2 cards at once, then you'd pretty much always be able to pack away 1 cube in the castle every turn, or get 3 of your cubes in a rat free region. I feel like if you did that, then it might be too easy for someone to get every cube on the board.

It might be worth a quick try though, but I have a feeling it won't work as well as you hope. However, I think the real solution is people learning and changing how they pick cards (so they can get more than one useful card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think choosing 2 roles would take a lot of the tension out of the game. I think some players would choose to do the same thing over and over.

10 roles sounds fun. I will try that some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
what about this:
during your turn you may take up to 2 roles but you can activate just one (of the roles that you took in this round) + the roles that you have from the previous round.
if you manage to keep your roles till the next turn you may activate them freely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.